• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any mad, swivel-eyed loons on here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I don't see why it would be. Nothing you can do can change the fact of who their biological parents are, the bible describes marriage as the same type of indelible, unalterable truth.
    But adoption changes who your parents are.

I see what you mean, though.

So, are registrars with an RC faith permitted to conscientiously object to conducting civil marriages for divorcees?

Comment

why are people objecting to it?

for me what people do is up to them as long as it does not harm others.

Gay Marriage does not harm others but some people seem the think it should not be allowed because it offends them - and that is just tough tulip in my view.

maybe my view is too simplistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        So, are registrars with an RC faith permitted to conscientiously object to conducting civil marriages for divorcees?
        Dunno. One might say you shouldn't take a job that requires you to break your own ethical code... it's like asking if a Jew employed by a butcher should be allowed to refuse to work with pork... DON'T BECOME A BUTCHER!
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          I'd forgotten that. Nice film.

Comment

No it isn't you silly troll.

Animals murder each other and have multiple partners too, they're clearly very very naughty. What kind of argument is that for humans to have gay marriage when animals don't get married in the first place? The whole point is we're not penguins.
            You sure about that?

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              You sure about that?

The Eek Juniors use Penguin as their nickname for muslims wearing Burqas.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Dunno. One might say you shouldn't take a job that requires you to break your own ethical code... it's like asking if a Jew employed by a butcher should be allowed to refuse to work with pork... DON'T BECOME A BUTCHER!
                I have some sympathy with those that started their career as a registry office official before this became an issue. They chose the career with certain conditions and they have changed.

But getting a job at Tesco then refusing to sell Alcohol or Condoms seems a little foolish.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  I have some sympathy with those that started their career as a registry office official before this became an issue. They chose the career with certain conditions and they have changed.
                  They could always retrain as lollipop men / ladies, assuming they get an exemption from assisting gay parents across the road.

Comment

I don't like Games of Thrones, dose that make me a mad swivel-eyed loon?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      They could always retrain as lollipop men / ladies, assuming they get an exemption from assisting gay parents across the road.
                      A bit harsh.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X