• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aargh! Pulled muscle or something

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Leeds?
    Cambridge Science Park. Handy for Addenbrookes

Just had a phone call from the agent. He had another candidate in there earlier, so he's been able to tell me specific stuff they're keen on - and what the other guy didn't answer well on. Bit of last-minute revision going on now...

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      try to arrive 20 minutes early, find your way to the gents, lock yourself in a cubicle. Then stand on your head with your back and legs leaning up the wall and clench the bog brush handle in your teeth.
      hold this position for 10-15 minutes
      Goes without saying for any professional contractor, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        OK, it was still bad this morning, but I thought it had improved slightly, and it still hadn't swollen up or bruised at all. After almost losing my balance in the shower a couple of times due to sudden shooting pains when I leant on it the wrong way, though, I decided to give the GP a go.

I hobbled round there (it's next door), which at least proved I could hobble twenty yards or so, and asked if there was any chance of getting to see the doc. The receptionist did her thing of looking at the screen and shaking her head slowly, offering various useless options such as going to the other surgery several miles away in another town this afternoon. I replied that, in that case, I could see how it went over the weekend and, if it got worse, go to the Urgent Care Centre at the Royal.

Visits there must come out of the surgery's budget or something, because as soon as I said that she said "Take a seat, we'll see what we can do" and two minutes later I was in with the doc

He prodded and poked at it a bit, and gave his verdict: just a pulled muscle. He said the Achilles tendon was fine, and it would have been swollen and more painful if it was a full-blown muscle tear.

Prescription: rest it as much as possible, ice packs wouldn't do any harm and might well help alleviate any pain, and ibuprofen if I felt I needed it. Job done

Now for that interview... which I suspect I won't get, but it's an excuse for a drive
        What, exactly, did you feel when it happened? Was it just a shooting pain, or did you feel anything like a stone or a knife hitting your calf? Often if you tear a muscle you'll feel like something has hit it, or a knife has been stuck in it. Also, a slight electric shock is a common feeling with a tear.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Here's hopping you get the gig. Good luck!

Comment

Break a leg.

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
              Break a leg.
              KUATB
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

My vote is with MTT. I would give it a couple of days and then find a place that does deep tissue massage and get yourself booked in. I had a similar problem some time ago and that has helped a lot.
                And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Working...
                X