• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No longer a wasted Vote

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I guess I´m a Marxist now!
    Burn him, he's admitted he's a marxist!
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Well not gay women, they don´t have penises. Or gay people who´ve had hideous accidents, maybe in the workplace.
      What about lesbians with a strap on ?
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I think anyone who can agree with 100% of the ideals of any political party should be sheared and made into kebabs. I find the notion laughable. I think what has happened, is that people have found certain elements of the current governments policy to be wrong, and a fringe party has offered to make good on those policies. This is a kick in the teeth to the government, but nothing else. What has surprised me, is that labour have not made the inroads I expected. This actually, for me, bodes well for the tories, as if they adjust certain policies, the fringe party will lose most of their current protest voters, and the biggest swings have been Con to UKIP

Labour have done badly out of this, for, traditionally, a mid term council election is really bad for the main party. I dont see this as being bad for the cons

Comment

This thread seems to have taken a queer turn.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserWilly View Post
            When there is a discourse that identifies a victim and an oppressor, then you have Marxism.
            Er, no. Where you have a discourse that identifies a victim and an oppressor you often have a crackpot rightwinger calling it Marxism, but that doesn't mean it is. It's simply the mirror image of crackpot lefties calling anything they don't like 'facism' i.e. idiots spouting bollocks.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups, thats how Labour governments get elected
              FTFY

That is pretty much the modus operandi of Labour. Borrow billions and bribe all the stupid population. Its a great strategy that cannot fail. Only, in last election it failed because the stupid muppets chose to stay at home and swig lager and watch Sky TV instead of voting.

If labour come in the following are a given

1) Raise taxes massively
              2) Introduce new taxes like tax on oxygen
              3) Raise stealth tax
              4) Increase tax on fuel, airline and any other popular mode of transport citing global warming
              5) Borrow billions and give it away to benefit scroungers.
              6) Give a pen pushing job to every stupid Labour voter in public sector with gold plated pensions.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

1. International "aid" is a tiny amount of GDP, so small as to make no difference.
                2. It isn't "aid" at all. It's effectively a slush fund for bribing politicians in 3rd world countries to look favourably on British firms doing business there. All developed countries are at it. China alone is spending billions in Africa in exchange for favourable terms. If you don't play the game you're not in it.
                WHS (on that point)

It's sad to hear naive ignorant idiots ranting on about how we should cut international aid, when it probably benefits the country (or should do if spent wisely, and not sentimentally on lost causes and losers).
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Your protest vote also means you've elected someone to run your services till the next election in case you've forgotten. I care about my council bill even if you don't. That's why I voted Tory - history and my experience with Wandsworth shows they usually have the more efficient councils
                  I wouldn't be too enamoured of the 'Brighter Borough' as although they state they have the lowest council tax in the country, apparently, this is all down to large cuts in police, meals on wheels, libraries, etc. One 'lollipop lady' actually gets her salary paid by a local estate agent although the Tory leader of the council did manage to get a 40% payrise so he now earns nearly GBP250,000 a year...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I was away this week on a course so voted (UKIP) by post. There were only two parties in these elections, UKIP and the "More of the Same" party. Half the people I know who voted for UKIP voted them as a vote for change, not a vote for their specific policies.

Now there is something to play for, let's have some proper debate on immigration, the EU, public spending etc.

P.S. What was vomit inducing was every major party still saying "we get the message", errrr...no, they don't.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

The very large number of people that have been arguing for balance on EU and immigration issues have been ignored for so long that I am not surprised they are now voting for an extreme in UKIP.

I often wonder what country they have been to when politicians say "we have been round the doors listening to what people"

We can't have uncontrolled migration of labour with substantially poorer countries while we have a minimum wage, it is not fair on our children.

We should not be having European courts telling us that we cannot extradite known terrorists back to their own country.

The tories and UKIP better get their act together in the next year about what they are going to do or else it will be the 2 Eds in charge next.

Comment

Working...
                      X