• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No longer a wasted Vote

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reckon only tax payers should be allowed to vote.

No representation without taxation!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Your protest vote also means you've elected someone to run your services till the next election in case you've forgotten. I care about my council bill even if you don't. That's why I voted Tory - history and my experience with Wandsworth shows they usually have the more efficient councils
      Indeed. It's no place to get political, vote for who is actually any good regardless of party.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Indeed. It's no place to get political, vote for who is actually any good regardless of party.
        In which case why aren't local councils non political?

Comment

I like Farage and his troops because they are straight talking. That means they will hit the buffers because they will alienate a lot of people, but its good for the country. Anyone who slaps down the politically correct shoite that we have been subjected to over the last 20 years needs to be applauded

and if he forces councils to go back to one bin a house, bans speed cameras and arrests blair, I might even vote for him

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            what are the public protesting against?
            ?
            This is a protest vote against Marxism and the policies sponsored by Marxists:

transfer of national sovereignty to the EU
            loss of national identity due to mass immigration
            gay marriage
            unchecked welfarism
            nanny state
            "green" power
            Yuman rites of terrorists and asylum seekers

etc.

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserWilly View Post
              This is a protest vote against Marxism and the policies sponsored by Marxists:

transfer of national sovereignty to the EU
              loss of national identity due to mass immigration
              gay marriage
              unchecked welfarism
              nanny state
              "green" power
              Yuman rites of terrorists and asylum seekers

etc.
              Yep.

How for example can we be facing a timebomb of " an ageing workforce" when most of our young people are unemployed?

I know, "they won't work, so we must increase immigration further".

Sorry, it doesn't wash anymore with Joe Public.

Look to solve our economic, energy and demographic problems without EU control, immigration and "green/carbon" bulltulip energy policies.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Because the people voting are mostly ****wits, the same as they were last time.
                Never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups, thats how governments get elected
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Unlike you cretins, I know that UKIP aren't going to solve the UK's problems, which are deep-rooted and severe and stem mainly from an overly de-industrialised economy.
                  Basically we can't pay our way in the world, there is a limit to what our service economy can do.
                  Ah, so an open door policy to anyone coming here is going to help, is it? Continuing to give financial aid to countries who dont want it, dont need it or seeking to impinge our way of life, is going to help is it?

Hoisted on your own petard.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    The country is run by *****, and now the ***** who voted the previous ***** in are voting for another lot of *****.

This is how democracy works in the UK.
                    And that is why it's called a country
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                      Ah, so an open door policy to anyone coming here is going to help, is it?
                      Where did I say that I wanted that? The Tories are reducing immigration aren't they? Who's to say UKIP will do any better?

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                      Continuing to give financial aid to countries who dont want it, dont need it or seeking to impinge our way of life, is going to help is it?

Hoisted on your own petard.

Couple of points on this issue:

1. International "aid" is a tiny amount of GDP, so small as to make no difference.
                      2. It isn't "aid" at all. It's effectively a slush fund for bribing politicians in 3rd world countries to look favourably on British firms doing business there. All developed countries are at it. China alone is spending billions in Africa in exchange for favourable terms. If you don't play the game you're not in it.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X