• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Proper nice people, ze Germans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Kind, considerate, well mannered, respectful, hard working and straight talking. I am in project heaven.
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Enjoy Suity. I found the Germans to be very friendly also, and if you look hard enough they also have a decent sense of humour hidden away in there too...........or at least some of them do.
    And the beer?..............Mmmmmmmm
    Originally posted by moggy View Post
    not just the beer.. although that is very good.. but also the food!

On the whole I have always found them to be great ze Germans!
    Yep, I absolutely agree. We enjoy going to Germany for weekends, and I'd especially recommend a weekend in Münster, which is quite near where Suity is. Otherwise, drive further south towards Köln, Koblenz or Trier; all well worth visiting and there's plenty of great food and fabulous wines, including the best Rieslings in the world. Also, the Rheinland Pfalz area has its own micro-climate and apparently enjoys more sun than almost anywhere in Europe. People around there are very relaxed too; they have Germanic efficiency and craftsmanship, combined with a more southern, relaxed approach to life. I guess if you know you've got your work done and you've done it well then it's easy to sit back with a drink and some friends and enjoy the weekend.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      You must go, one of life's great experiences. Nothing seedy at all, but being surrounded by five Germanic beauties in the buff was almost too much to bear, thankfully there was an ice cold plunge pool!
      hairy, pot-bellied men
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        hairy, pot-bellied men
        If that's your preference, but for me blonde hair and blue eyes does it, and in the sauna you can make sure that they're natural
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Motor is "better" by the way, out the garage and back on the road.
          What was the damage / final cost?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

If that's your preference, but for me blonde hair and blue eyes does it, and in the sauna you can make sure that they're natural
            Ideally, but I was just warning Suity what is more likely if he hasn't encountered it already
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

You must go, one of life's great experiences. Nothing seedy at all, but being surrounded by five Germanic beauties in the buff was almost too much to bear, thankfully there was an ice cold plunge pool!
              I went to a swimming pool in Aachen whilst on a gig out there. 7 swimming pools is said, 9 saunas, tropical steam it said. Well, there's my sat morning organised, few lengths and a sauna. All, bar one, of the pools were for naked peeps, and all of the steam rooms and saunas. In for a penny, in for a euro and all that, and I feasted on the copious amounts of flesh on view, some more copious than others, but I find the germans to normally look after themselves. Struggled through with a semi most of the day.

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              hairy, pot-bellied men
              Lot's of these too (I believe), but if you're not looking at them, you don't see them.

I love Germany and the Germans, to be honest. We're off there this summer for a break, and I can't wait. I'd go back working there in a flash.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                ... in a flash.
                I see what you did there.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Yep, I absolutely agree. We enjoy going to Germany for weekends, and I'd especially recommend a weekend in Münster
                  Don't go there, I work there! Actually Münster is a lovely town with a very nice beer (Pinkus), zoo, lots of churches, a ******* hell of a lot of cyclists, humongeous amounts of young female students, great cafes, good food, boating followed by a glass of wine on the Aasee in summer is absolutely enjoyable...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                    I went to a swimming pool in Aachen whilst on a gig out there. 7 swimming pools is said, 9 saunas, tropical steam it said. Well, there's my sat morning organised, few lengths and a sauna. All, bar one, of the pools were for naked peeps, and all of the steam rooms and saunas. In for a penny, in for a euro and all that, and I feasted on the copious amounts of flesh on view, some more copious than others, but I find the germans to normally look after themselves. Struggled through with a semi most of the day.

Lot's of these too (I believe), but if you're not looking at them, you don't see them.

I love Germany and the Germans, to be honest. We're off there this summer for a break, and I can't wait. I'd go back working there in a flash.
                    really like Aachen, Monschau is quite close to there.. lovely little town, stunning!

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
                      really like Aachen, Monschau is quite close to there.. lovely little town, stunning!
                      ...and a bit further down you have the Mosel.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 24 April 2013, 11:15.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X