• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Given up alcohol this year ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wedding reception was alcohol free (we had no money, and had to take a baptist hall which mandated no alcohol). My sister still managed to get drunk though.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Just because you rely on gallons of booze to maintain the smallest modicum of comfort in your life doesn't mean the rest of us are the same.
      "Son, never trust a man who doesn’t drink because he’s probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They’re the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They’re usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they’re a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can’t trust a man who’s afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It’s damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he’s heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl." - James Crumley.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        When I want comments from a complete and utter Ozzie loser like you I'll ask. Till then STFU.
        Why would you ever want comments from a complete Ozzie loser?

What circumstances could possibly ever occur when anyone would need advice from AussieLoser?
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          "Son, never trust a man who doesn’t drink because he’s probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They’re the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They’re usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they’re a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can’t trust a man who’s afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It’s damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he’s heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl." - James Crumley.
          So we should only trust people who get drunk regularly and lose control of themselves. Not quite sure of the logic there.

Comment

Took all the new hires out last night for a meal. During the meal my guy was telling the table how the guy at the other end of the table who had been hired by my colleague had been hitting the tequila the night before.

'Looks like you've hired an alcoholic' I quipped
            Instantly she pointed at my hire and retorted 'and looks like he works for one!'
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              So we should only trust people who get drunk regularly and lose control of themselves. Not quite sure of the logic there.
              There's a lot of trustworthy folk in town centres all over the UK every weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                There's a lot of trustworthy folk in town centres all over the UK every weekend.
                Ah - so that's MF's recruiting ground.

Comment

Yup, many of those around. Even online here.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
                    I'm not sure how you joined the dots there but good luck to you! I dont envy you at your boozeless church picnic.
                    I've never been to a church picnic and I never said I don't drink. Perhaps a life of trying to blot out the world has addled your brain.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Some crap pop psychology for alcoholics to justify their habit.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X