• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Given up alcohol this year ..."

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
    Being someone who used to go out drinking every weekend for around 25 yrs I recently cut right down, to about once a fortnight sometimes not even that. I dropped about a stone within a couple of months and my energy levels rose. I feel about 10 yrs younger and rarely have any moments of feeling fed up like I did when drinking. You come to realise how many people you know are borderline alcoholics. Quite a few people I know drink EVERY night and some obviously have a problem.
    I recognise that. Most of the people I know in my local are borderline alcoholics. I've recently given up drinking 2 nights a week. But I used to be in the pub every night for a few and that's where a lot of my social life is still.

Anyway, can't dawdle. Friday night and time for early doors pip pip

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    You couldn't even abstain from CUK and had to beg for a ban.
    Says the man that has 4 CUK logins.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
    Quite a few people I know drink EVERY night
    I've never done that, and do find that a bit odd.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Not drinking is just part of an overall fitness drive.
    TBH I was well impressed with Brillo's ironman exploits and would like to try somefink like that in a year or so.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Bizarrely I was just up at the coffee machine and there was a conversation going on about people in a team who don't drink, someone said "not drinking, that is just not right".
    Says more about the British psyche... getting drunk and being a tit is "a good night out". Maybe we ARE all more boring than our European counterparts!

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Being someone who used to go out drinking every weekend for around 25 yrs I recently cut right down, to about once a fortnight sometimes not even that. I dropped about a stone within a couple of months and my energy levels rose. I feel about 10 yrs younger and rarely have any moments of feeling fed up like I did when drinking. You come to realise how many people you know are borderline alcoholics. Quite a few people I know drink EVERY night and some obviously have a problem.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Bizarrely I was just up at the coffee machine and there was a conversation going on about people in a team who don't drink, someone said "not drinking, that is just not right".

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Don't visit here then. That will give you more time. And show us that you don't have the addictive personality (you clearly have).
    But what would I do without the side splitting laughs you give me?
    Like the time you tried to account for a leap year by adding 0.25 to all sides of an equation.
    See, that's got me chuckling again ....

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Bought some booze today actually but probably won't drink it, at least for a long time: ReichsPost Bitter ? Home

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    “That's the problem with drinking, I thought, as I poured myself a drink. If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget; if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate; and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.”
    Charles Bukowski

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Next!
    Don't have much time, got to do some work in a bit
    Don't visit here then. That will give you more time. And show us that you don't have the addictive personality (you clearly have).

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I resemble that remark. So for all the pooftahs on here, I'll make up for you this weekend
    I wish you all the fun in the world.
    At least, you're not like some of these weak holier-than-thou-because-I-drink losers

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Where's the image of V8 driving, hard drinking, chain smoking Contractors gone!
    I resemble that remark. So for all the pooftahs on here, I'll make up for you this weekend

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Next!
    Don't have much time, got to do some work in a bit

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Some of us can make changes to our lifestyle without the need to announce it to the world.

Yeah course you can, fat boy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X