• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spring seems to have sprung

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Actually I did. If an actual data set is clearly far far bigger than the known dataset don't make assumptions based on the relative size of data within the known dataset.

Feck me I just read what you wrote
    You've just described sampling which is the main basis of statistics (not that that has any relevance to AGW as we were discussing it).

I'm going to be laughing for the rest of the afternoon now.
    Jeez trying to make sense of the world for you guys must be like a blind man feelin his way in a fog
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      You work?

Yeah course you are.
      Not if I can help it.
      Still getting paid though.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Why did nobody tell me?

Blimey! A GW thread and I missed it! The usual suspects and the usual tactics. First grab a misleading headline from a dubious source for ridicule ...

Could be worse, 10,000 of us could be dead from heat and Malaria.

Global Warming Effects Could Kill 10,000 in the UK by 2012
        Shall we see the actual prediction(s) from the report in question?

The findings show the UK is adapting well to rising temperatures experienced since the 1970s, but heatwaves pose an increasing risk to health and there is an increased risk of flooding. There is even a very slight chance that malaria could return to the South of England during the next 50-100 years, although outbreaks of this disease are likely to be rare and involve a small number of people.

- By 2012 there will be a 1 in 40 chance that the South East of England will experience a serious heatwave causing 3,000 immediate heat-related deaths.

- While malaria outbreaks in Britain are likely to remain rare and easily controlled, health authorities need to remain alert to the possibility of larger outbreaks in continental Europe and the emergence of more deadly European strains of mosquitoes in wetland areas of Britain .

- Tick-borne diseases such as Lyme disease are likely to become more common due to changes in land management and an increase in outside leisure time.

- Increased exposure to sunlight will lead to a rise in skin cancers.
        The number of people at a high risk from flooding is set to rise from 1.5 million to 3.5 million by 2100.

- There will be up to 14,000 (14.5 per cent) more cases of food poisoning, including Salmonella, per year.
        Heh. Anybody noticed any serious floods recently? Or heatwaves ...?

Heatwave kills 1,000 | Mail Online

Ooops!
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Jeez trying to make sense of the world for you guys must be like a blind man feelin his way in a fog
          If the man was blind what difference would a fog make?
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
            If the man was blind what difference would a fog make?
            It's hyperbole
            he talks hyperbollocks

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Re: Spring seems to have sprung

Hmm sampling. Strange that you missed it and the potential consequences it had on the bollox you wrote in your original comments in this thread and only brought it up when I pointed out your assumptions were tulip.
              Last edited by eek; 12 March 2013, 12:49.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Global warming, as measured at the surface has indeed plateaued since 1998, a year which saw a powerful El Nino, though it remains within the predictions of 95% of climate model runs (in grey)

However most of the extra heat being returned to the planet by the greenhouse effect actually goes to increase the heat content of the oceans, this extra heat represents further surface warming in the pipeline ...

Oh dear.
                My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Ne'er cast a clout til May is out. I remember it snowing in April back in 1986. This is nothing new.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

there you go SasGuru, three sources from your own side say temperatures have flatlined
                    met office
                    pachuri
                    pj

now pay attention, and you wont be left looking foolish again.

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

So to summarise the heat is hiding somewhere in the ocean where no-one can measure it.

There are acurate measurements of the ocean surface temperature.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X