• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking at a new TV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    what is Chavvy about a movie night in your home theatre equipped lounge with the whole family?

Or enjoying a feature film that cost millions to make in the best quality achievable at home.

Or enjoying Life on Earth in Bluray.

or even watching an hour or so of selected tv a night on a decent tv.

Or even playing Just Dance on a big telly?

etc?

We can afford it, its not like the kiddies are missing out on vegetables so we can have a large Plasma. That's what makes it chavvy for the Benefit claimants.

Don't judge others by your standards
    Erm, you do know that you're arguing a point with SASGURU, the winner of the "CUK knows fuqall about fuqall" award for five years running, don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      Erm, you do know that you're arguing a point with SASGURU, the winner of the "CUK knows fuqall about fuqall" award for five years running, don't you?
      Having a large television is very non-U.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

LG were showing that new 90" 4K kit they have and I have to say it was bloody spectacular. Obviously the demo they show is geared to impress but it was jaw droppingly good. They had the demo that you can see in the picture at the link below running. The guy on the stand said £20k but the news article says £13k. I am sure even at that price it will sell like hot cakes to those that can afford.

BBC News - LG releases 'world's biggest' ultra-definition TV
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

good point spod, can I request everyone stops quoting SAS please.

But I suspect in 2->4 years 84" will be in the £2-5K region.

its $20,000 maybe its 'US-Dorrar"?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            what is Chavvy about a movie night in your home theatre equipped lounge with the whole family?

Or enjoying a feature film that cost millions to make in the best quality achievable at home.

Or enjoying Life on Earth in Bluray.

or even watching an hour or so of selected tv a night on a decent tv.

Or even playing Just Dance on a big telly?

etc?

We can afford it, its not like the kiddies are missing out on vegetables so we can have a large Plasma. That's what makes it chavvy for the Benefit claimants.

Don't judge others by your standards

WHS but I'll skip the reality tv nonsense and stick to films.

Mr N has been dropping hints about buying a projector when we move house.

I've told him to start saving On his permie salary we'll probably have summat by the time we move country in 10 year.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              WHS but I'll skip the reality tv nonsense and stick to films.

Mr N has been dropping hints about buying a projector when we move house.

I've told him to start saving On his permie salary we'll probably have summat by the time we move country in 10 year.
              They're not very expensive. Is his permie salary really that small? Optoma HD230X Full HD 1080p Home Cinema Projector: Amazon.co.uk: TV
              England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

mine cost £16 from eBay.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                  They're not very expensive. Is his permie salary really that small? Optoma HD230X Full HD 1080p Home Cinema Projector: Amazon.co.uk: TV
                  Might as well go 4k...

Sony VPL-VW1000 3D Sony Home Cinema Projector from Kent Home Cinema Centre Kent, Sussex, Surrey
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                    They are if you want quality and that's something we don't skimp on at Norr Towers. Need to get a new sub and that's going to set me back nearly €1.5k

Not really, but not brilliant.

I think If I was going for projector etc... then I'd prefer a designated media room, rather than sticking it in the lounge.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Actually, that looks very good. I might need to buy Auntie Albert a sweetener before I begin negotiations though.
                      England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Working...
                      X