• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phil the Greek does it again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phil the Greek does it again

BBC News - Prince Philip cracks Filipino nurse joke

Originally posted by Phil the Greek
    "The Philippines must be half empty - you're all here running the NHS," the prince told the nurse, who laughed.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Non story. Harmless comment. By no means up to his usual standard. He didn't even call her an egg nog, or summit.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      Non story. Harmless comment. By no means up to his usual standard. He didn't even call her an egg nog, or summit.
      Exactly. That seems like a compliment to me.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I thought he'd decided last year to put his feet up and retire from public life.

God knows, at 90 he's old enough to take it easy now.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

nothing in that at all, he's right though there are a lot of filippino's working for the NHS. It's nice to see my lot getting some credit
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
            nothing in that at all, he's right though there are a lot of filippino's working for the NHS. It's nice to see my lot getting some credit
            yep we stole them.

oh look we are short of nurses willing to work for nothing in the NHS, oh look a nice third world country has loads let's nick those. It got so bad the Philippine government raised an official complaint.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              It got so bad the Philippine government raised an official complaint.
              Funny that, as the amount of money that gets poured back into the country by overseas workers is quite substantial. My father lives and works in Denmark and since being there has always held down two jobs, which he has used to support his nanay (mum) plus he goes back every year for a month.
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                Funny that, as the amount of money that gets poured back into the country by overseas workers is quite substantial. My father lives and works in Denmark and since being there has always held down two jobs, which he has used to support his nanay (mum) plus he goes back every year for a month.
                Are you going to do the same for your Dad?

That was a serious question btw.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                  Are you going to do the same for your Dad?

That was a serious question btw.
                  That would be a no, unfortunately we don't see eye to eye and the last straw was when he missed my wedding last year despite me booking him a hotel 350 yards from the venue (Cardiff Castle).
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

I shudder to think what my 86 year old father-in-law would come out with if we had to troll him round a hospital meeting people.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X