• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phil the Greek does it again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Funny that, as the amount of money that gets poured back into the country by overseas workers is quite substantial. My father lives and works in Denmark and since being there has always held down two jobs, which he has used to support his nanay (mum) plus he goes back every year for a month.
    There are always positive & negative benefits to change. All parties are not going to be equally happy with the outcome.

The Philippine health service will lose money after training nurses.
    The Philippine Government treasury will see more export cash.
    The nurses relatives will get cash they couldn't earn in country.
    The British NHS will get cheaper nurses.
    The British Chancellor will see less money spent on the NHS.
    The Nursing agencies will get cheaper temp nurses so will put their margins up.
    The British based nurse will see their pay held down because imports with a cheaper cost base will undercut them.

not everyone will be happy, its complex.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Nothing is ever simple I agree with that, but on the other hand what I did see when it counted was my grandfather (who was terminally ill) really well looked after and what's more it was done with a beaming smile which in turn helped brighten him up despite the fact he was dying.

That's not to say he wouldn't have got that from a British nurse, but the fact remains people are more worried about pay and conditions etc these days than they are about actually doing their jobs.
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
      X