• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Wail wants EU to save children from window blind cords...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Wail wants EU to save children from window blind cords...

Yep, it's real; now they want the EU to legislate on window blind cord safety regulations!

Erm, but I thought the Daily Wail hated the EU!??!?!?!?!?!?

How my four-year-old was nearly strangled by a window blind cord | Mail Online

Surely it is high time the EU rubber stamps this important legislation governing blinds. And that parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles fully comprehend the lethal danger hanging at our windows.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Too right! Mate of mine broke her neck with one. True story.

Edit: actually, my memory is failing me - it was a sash window cord.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Too right! Mate of mine broke her neck with one. True story.

Edit: actually, my memory is failing me - it was a sash window cord.
      Yeah, maybe it's a good idea to change the design, but that's not what I find surprising; it's the Daily Wail's desire for the EU to legislate on 'elf and safety'.

Comment

Indeedy. My "Too right!" was ironic.

(Although my mate really did break her neck - spent months in one of those collar thingies)

Comment

I got my finger tangled in one once, I had to cut it off.

The cord, not the finger, obviously.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            I got my finger tangled in one once, I had to cut it off.

The cord, not the finger, obviously.
            If you'd cut your finger off instead you could have sued!

Comment

I love how they get the photos of them looking as grim as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                I love how they get the photos of them looking as grim as possible.
                Yep, but they haven't told us how much their house is worth

Comment

You could always tell your kids not to jump off the window ledge or ***** about with the blinds.

Just saying, like.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    You could always tell your kids not to jump off the window ledge or ***** about with the blinds.

Just saying, like.

Yours hasn't reached **** about with the blinds stage yet has he?
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X