• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Wail wants EU to save children from window blind cords...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the biggest threat to young kids was chest of drawers not being bolted to the wall and the drawers used as a climbing ladder
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I thought it was discarded fridges.

Comment

hmmm - we had blinds when my kids were young and somehow they managed not to randomly kill themselves.....

think Darwin is at work here...

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

Yours hasn't reached the "experiment with auto-asphyxiation" age yet, has he?
          FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            You could always tell your kids not to jump off the window ledge or ***** about with the blinds.

Just saying, like.
            Good one.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              I thought the biggest threat to young kids was chest of drawers not being bolted to the wall and the drawers used as a climbing ladder
              I thought it was parents
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Yep, it's real; now they want the EU to legislate on window blind cord safety regulations!

Erm, but I thought the Daily Wail hated the EU!??!?!?!?!?!?

How my four-year-old was nearly strangled by a window blind cord | Mail Online
                Must be a quiet news day - I'm sure they were banging on about the very same thing several years ago.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                  You could always tell your kids not to jump off the window ledge or ***** about with the blinds.

Just saying, like.
                  Aye. When they're too little to understand the instruction, but big enough to be in danger - keep the blind cord out of reach.

Same as with knives. And expensive lipsticks.

Madness.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

One of my mates is an ENT surgeon and cut the cord in his own blinds because he has had to fix up a lot of kids after being caught in them (he also won't let his own kids have lollipops after having to fix kids who have fallen with them in their mouths)

So, it's a potential danger but we certainly don't need any more legislation to fix it FFS.
                    Back at the coal face

Comment

Originally posted by al_cam View Post
                      So, it's a potential danger but we certainly don't need any more legislation to fix it FFS.
                      You are presuming all parents and anyone else who looks after a child is that knowledgeable and know these things are a risk.

Many people don't.

This is a simple design flaw that can be removed easily.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X