• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

“no limit” on the number of Indian nationals who can come to study & work" -Cameron

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Fark me I can see why the country is going to the dogs.
    Forget the scapegoat immigrants, the locals can't think logically, spell or write grammatically, even ones with Masters degrees.
    Would be funny if it wasn't so serious.
    It is all very well asking for statistics, but this is something that there is no scale to measure it against. We can get the statistics of the number of visas issued annually (roughly 500k), but how is it possible to get information on how many are working illegally (they aren't exactly going to record this with any agency) and how many are using the guise of study to come to this country for other purposes.

Anecdotal evidence suggests there are a proportion of the visa applicants exploiting the system, but the actual figures aren't quantifiable, but for the anecdotal evidence to be be true, there must be at least 1 person exploiting it which is roughly 0.0002% of the visa applicants. The population of India is 1.2 billion meaning under these proposed rules, there could be 2483 people exploiting the British student visa system (from India alone).

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Far cough you can't
      I heard you were buying a property in Scunthorpe next
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        HTH
        Fark orf.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
          It is all very well asking for statistics, but this is something that there is no scale to measure it against. We can get the statistics of the number of visas issued annually (roughly 500k), but how is it possible to get information on how many are working illegally (they aren't exactly going to record this with any agency) and how many are using the guise of study to come to this country for other purposes.

Anecdotal evidence suggests there are a proportion of the visa applicants exploiting the system, but the actual figures aren't quantifiable, but for the anecdotal evidence to be be true, there must be at least 1 person exploiting it which is roughly 0.0002% of the visa applicants. The population of India is 1.2 billion meaning under these proposed rules, there could be 2483 people exploiting the British student visa system (from India alone).
          It's no good asking Sas about statistics, he doesn't understand them.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Is that an example of your logical reasoning?
            Your homework is to find out why it nmakes you look like a thick cock.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              It's no good asking Sas about statistics, he doesn't understand them.
              Statistics is as well as statistics are.
              You've just proved you don't understand what statistics is.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                when was this specific quote said?

I know he said similar stuff and worse in India a fair while ago

and Francis Maude specifically promised the Indian outsourcers that the ICT visas would remain uncapped before the election

and of course Mr Tata is a large financial contributor to the Conservative party, gives free working holidays to Goa to MPs and is on Cameron’s "business advisory committee"

FTFY
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  You did a Masters? What in?
                  Judging by your grammar and spelling, are you sure you're not one of these fake students?
                  You do understand why anecdotes don't constitute evidence, don't you?
                  Sas, I am sure you are a smart guy; you wouldn't have that big an ego if you weren't. But please don't lecture on spelling and grammar, yours is atrocious. I don't profess to be an expert, but I know that Masters should have an apostrophe and how to construct a sentence.

HTH

Comment

Sas, I am sure you are a smart guy; you wouldn't have that big an ego if you weren't. But please don't lecture on spelling and grammar, yours is atrocious. I don't profess to be an expert, but I know that Masters should have an apostrophe and how to construct a sentence.

HTH
                    My spelling and grammar is atrocious, is it? Can you give examples?
                    Apologies if I dont always type an apostrophe when I should.
                    Its not on the same scale of idiocy as multiplying 0.0002% by 1.2 billion to get the number of illegal Indian students in the UK, wouldn't you agree? Cretin.

PS. I'm not particularly egotistical about my intellect either.
                    It's just that the level of cretinism on here is such that it makes even me look like a genius.
                    Last edited by sasguru; 14 February 2013, 12:10.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Meh. Wake me up when people are bothered enough to elect right wing parties that will sort the problem out. Till then its all hand wringing.

Comment

Working...
                      X