• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

“no limit” on the number of Indian nationals who can come to study & work" -Cameron

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the UKIP could play a big part in the shaping of Britain. I expect they will get a lot of support at the next election and a lot of Tory votes protest voting for them.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      There is perception, rightly or wrongly, that foreign students are necessary to subsidise our higher education system.
      I think most use it as an easy way to get into Britain and then vanish.

Sign for an English language course, get a student visa, then next thing you've got kids and they can't deport you (Human Rights act).

Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
        I think the UKIP could play a big part in the shaping of Britain. I expect they will get a lot of support at the next election and a lot of Tory votes protest voting for them.
        WHS
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Sign for an English language course, get a student visa, then next thing you've got kids and they can't deport you (Human Rights act).

Simples.
          I think so too. Perhaps not most but more than a few.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Student visa is the biggest scam going. I have only heard stories but from credible sources that a large number of "students" are youngsters who come in and start working less than minimum wage jobs like maids, cooks etc and then get their husbands in as spouse visa who then starts working and then after a few years get a PR/citizenship and continue on their merry way.

In some ethnic dominated areas you can get a house maid or cook for 4£ an hour.

How difficult is it to regulate these things ?
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              Student visa is the biggest scam going. I have only heard stories but from credible sources that a large number of "students" are youngsters who come in and start working less than minimum wage jobs like maids, cooks etc and then get their husbands in as spouse visa who then starts working and then after a few years get a PR/citizenship and continue on their merry way.

And the people who would have previously fulfilled these roles can no-longer find them as they demand minimum wage so decide to claim benefits as they are better off

Comment

“no limit” on the number of Indian nationals who can come to study & work" -C...

Students can only work 15 hrs a week and neither they nor their dependents are on a path to residency other than under the ten year legal stay rule.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Students can only work 15 hrs a week and neither they nor their dependents are on a path to residency other than under the ten year legal stay rule.

These are students who dont go to the course they are enrolled for. They work full time, that is what they are here for.

Not sure about the 10 year rule but I am thinking its less than that for someone who is working. Maybe 5.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Simples.

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                    And the people who would have previously fulfilled these roles can no-longer find them as they demand minimum wage so decide to claim benefits as they are better off
                    Evidence, figures, data?
                    Otherwise you're talking out of yer arse.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

“no limit” on the number of Indian nationals who can come to study & work" -C...

These are students who dont go to the course they are enrolled for. They work full time, that is what they are here for.

Not sure about the 10 year rule but I am thinking its less than that for someone who is working. Maybe 5.
                      A student visa per se is not a path to residency but there us the ten year rule for anyone here legally for that period, and abused by students enrolling in pointless course after course to rack up the ten years.

That's been blocked tho now cos there has to be logical progression wrt the courses now.

It's 5 years on work visas like u say and even for spouse visas now, used to be 3...

And it's not cheap, ILR is 922 quid!!

Comment

Working...
                      X