• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

“no limit” on the number of Indian nationals who can come to study & work" -Cameron

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Only working with that number of bobs is pretty extreme now. I work with 300+ of them and have for a number of years now.
    +1

In my last 2 gigs, you could have sworn you were in downtown Bangalore.
    I must say that in general, the Bobs that get to come to the UK are pretty good, they tend to send their A team, don't talk to me about the ones back home...

But back to the topic, I support them bringing money into the economy by coming here to study but there should be no working while they are here and they should be kicked out as soon as they have finished/failed for the second time and shouldn't be allowed any family with them.

How difficult can that be FFS?
    Back at the coal face

Comment

Originally posted by IR35FanClub View Post
      . No stats,
      No only hearsay, anecdotes, innuendo and prejudice.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by al_cam View Post
        +1

I must say that in general, the Bobs that get to come to the UK are pretty good, they tend to send their A team, don't talk to me about the ones back home...

But back to the topic, I support them bringing money into the economy by coming here to study but there should be no working while they are here and they should be kicked out as soon as they have finished/failed for the second time and shouldn't be allowed any family with them.

and their spouse should not get right to work if coming in with them, and their children should not get free state school places, and their family should not get free nhs especially if they came with pre-existing conditions, and they should not get the right to vote, etc

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Which institution was this? I'm beginning to doubt your intentions and your veracity.
          Because it would be far more effective to report it to the Border Agency.
          report what? they are doing nothing wrong by the current rules!

if I was going to report someone I would report Cognizant, Tata, Infosys etc where there is lots of open rule breaking going on, but sadly the powers that be couldnt care less.

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
            I can't believe that this thread is still going.

I haven't worked in any places where there has been any sort of influx of Indian staff taking the jobs of local workers. In nine years of contracting (not much, I know), I have worked with around 9 Indian people.

2 of them were exceptionally good and friendly, pleasant and generally nice people as well.
            2 of them were ok technically but still friendly, pleasant and nice.
            3 were useless.

In that time, I have also worked with a few Europeans, a Russian and a Bulgarian. They were ok too.

I have lost count of the number of British contractors that I have worked with that were lazy, lied or technically incompetent.

Obviously, I am either very lucky or a statistical aberration.
            only 9? wow you aint been around much, I could point you at some large IT sites with thousands of Indian nationals (or folk who originally started as Indian nationals but have been here so long they have been granted British passports). They are everywhere for tulipsake.

Comment

“no limit” on the number of Indian nationals who can come to study & work" -Cameron

I have been around quite a bit. Maybe it's just the field that I work in. I generally don't do places where there are lots of call centre staff and not in financial/telecoms/insurance etc. most of my work is engineering and defence.

Comment

Originally posted by al_cam View Post
                +1

Can you explain how they bring money to the economy??
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                  report what? they are doing nothing wrong by the current rules!

Why don't you tell us which educational institutional it is? I'm sure if not the UKBA, then some academic standards insititution will be concerned that full-time Masters can be stretched to 5 years.
                  Last edited by sasguru; 14 February 2013, 19:43.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Who spends more in the UK - bob with family here or bob with family back home?

Comment

Just do a Google search for "Patricia Hewitt IT India" and you will soon find out where the destruction of the UK IT industry started.

When Labour were in power, she went out to India to meet business leaders and actively encourage outsourcing our jobs. That is when the whole thing started gathering steam.

Not suprisingly she's on the UK India Business Council:

Rt. Hon. Patricia Hewitt : UKIBC Board : UK India Business Council

Also, not forgetting Stephen Timms who had conflicting interests in the two consultancies, Ovum and Logica.
                      Last edited by SantaClaus; 14 February 2013, 22:40.
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X