• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Rant Bait

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    It really is ****ed up beyond all recognition that a family can get 17k in benefits.

Benefits should be cut to about a 1/4 of what they are. The minimum wage should be scrapped and replaced with a negative income tax up to what the current minimum wage is.
    From TFA:
    "This works out at £340 per week, which includes £140 housing benefit, £60 child tax credit, £20 child benefit and £110 Jobseekers Allowance."

The £140 HB is going to their landlord, or to the local council for the Council Tax component. That leaves two adults and a child with £200/week. That's not really a huge amount for food, utility bills, etc. They certainly won't be living the life of Riley on it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      From TFA:
      "This works out at £340 per week, which includes £140 housing benefit, £60 child tax credit, £20 child benefit and £110 Jobseekers Allowance."

The £140 HB is going to their landlord, or to the local council for the Council Tax component. That leaves two adults and a child with £200/week. That's not really a huge amount for food, utility bills, etc. They certainly won't be living the life of Riley on it.
      £560 a month rent that gets you a studio flat privately.

£800 a month (after rent & council tax) to live on , hmm tight but possible (been there done it).

If they were showing willingness to get work I would have some sympathy.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

yes but out of that £200 a week they have no work related outgoings (petrol/train fare/parking/suits/workwear / no child care etc)

so if that £200 is purely to be pissed against a wall that is actually a large amount of disposable income.

But they are scum they have no qualifications, bought a human being into this world with no way of paying to feed it.

line em against the wall.

Comment

Simple really, there is no reason why one of them could not work assuming that the other was staying home to raise their child. How can you expect to better yourself if you are inclined to sit on your arse
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            It'd have to be a fairly good job to bring home £17k after tax.
            Indeed it would but at least in part if one of them was working it would reduce the burden on the state and hopefully the money would be used where it is most needed (yes I doubt it will be though).
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              . How can you expect to better yourself if you are inclined to sit on your arse
              It works for me
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                From TFA:

I honestly think you can live off about 4 quid a day per head in this country if you really try.

Food is so fking cheap if you go to lild or somewhere, buy in bulk and don't waste things.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  It works for me
                  quality response
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

I honestly think you can live off about 4 quid a day per head in this country if you really try.

Food is so fking cheap if you go to lild or somewhere, buy in bulk and don't waste things.
                    If this family could plan ahead, they wouldn't be the lazy plebs that they are.

Comment

After being in Zurich I now realise just how cheap food is back there, working people here can't afford to spend their money with abandon when it comes to food and if you like red meat you might as well sell a kidney to pay for it.
                      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                      X