• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snow and exercise.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just off to attempt the park run. Reserve the right to give up before I get to the end of the road.

Comment

slippy and sore?

Comment

A lot depends on the surface you're running on but generally, I dont do any runs when its freezing.

Running on fresh snow is pretty much like running on sand, hard work and you may get a bit of 'wheel spin' from the forefoot but generally, you can get some grip.

Compacted snow is akin to running on ice, very slippy and always the danger of misplaced footing. Personally, I wouldnt attempt to run in such conditions with normal road running shoes.

Similarly, frozen pavements. Treacherous at best especially on curves or where the pavement is cambered for rain water run off. Again, I lay off running in such conditions.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Wasn't as bad as I thought - no worse than the mud we've had of late.

Think I'm going to invest in a pair of off road shoes though.

Comment

Tried my own advice and spent 30min clearing the road. Absolutely dripping by the end with only a thin top and freezing temperatures. Can't be bad, cardio work that uses your muscles too... and strangely satisfying to accomplish a menial chore where you can see exactly what you've achieved..
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Tried my own advice and spent 30min clearing the road. Absolutely dripping by the end with only a thin top and freezing temperatures. Can't be bad, cardio work that uses your muscles too... and strangely satisfying to accomplish a menial chore where you can see exactly what you've achieved..
              That's what being an IT contractor is all about.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Speak for yourself, I guess you can count the number of PCs that are plugged in and working.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Someboady gave me a copy of Insanity.

Did my first session today and I'm totally spent. The idea is to invert the concept of interval training where you do shot spikes of intensive stuff between longer periods of less intensive exercise.

Good thing is, you don't need any kit and you can do it in the "comfort" of your living room...

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                    Someboady gave me a copy of Insanity.

Did my first session today and I'm totally spent. The idea is to invert the concept of interval training where you do shot spikes of intensive stuff between longer periods of less intensive exercise.

Good thing is, you don't need any kit and you can do it in the "comfort" of your living room...
                    Do you now look like Shaun T, wurzel?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      That's not a bad idea. I've got an old Meccano 2 set somewhere.
                      That was my first Meccano set.
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X