• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday Whiteout

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started...

Comment

I heard the snow ploughs early yesterday morning but by the time i poked my head out of the door there was nowt much left.

2 miles up the road was a different story, with 4 inches of the stuff.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I love it!

About an inch of clean white snow on the pavements. Very little traffic.

WFH so stilll billable.

Wine racks and fridge are full of the essentials (chicken and beer)

Heating is on.

Still in yesterdays pants.

Comment

A very pleasant morning here and zero snow. Not much chance of getting any it seems so that's a result.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

I drove from Zomerset to Cardiff at 6am, driving skillz akin to Finnish rally driver.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Not a flake here in the NE, other than the snow from Monday which still hasn't melted in the slightest.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

View from office window looking very pretty now. Just waiting for my meetings to be cancelled so I can head home...

Comment

Snowmagedon!

Set off from Suffolk just after 06:00, turned back about 07:20 after only making about 20 miles
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

our team were all told to work from home today, i did protest but they were insistent

ho hum' is jeremy kyle on next?
                    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Most sensible gig I've had for a longtime

Yesterday my manager decided that those who had more than a few mile commute should work from home for today. For me that mean't no very trick journey from the bottom to the top of Wiltshire.

Been working since 07:30hrs, looking out at the snow of deepest darkest Wiltshire. Will take a 2 hour lunch of sledging down a local hill with my 3 kids, Yippeeeee!
                      “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

Comment

Working...
                      X