• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour to win the next election

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    I think the biggest threat to the Tories is UKIP tbh.

I'm tempted to vote UKIP, but that will just be a vote for Labour.
    No, do it, really.

It'll have a beneficial effect longer term in forcing bedwetter Europhiliac Tories to confront the fact that their policies are unacceptable.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

More years hard Labour , lets target anyone who's had some success to raise money for the poor and oh the children
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        No, do it, really.

It'll have a beneficial effect longer term in forcing bedwetter Europhiliac Tories to confront the fact that their policies are unacceptable.
        Short term though, the country is on the edge, and another term of Labour could comfortably push it over that edge.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
          But after their 'betrayal', the Lib Dems will be decimated at the next general election. They won't have many MPs to offer Labour much help.
          Yeah, but Labour are still likely to need whatever is left of them to get to a majority. Particularly with their lack of a strong candidate. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            What do you think will happen if the vote goes the other way but only a bit, so Labour have more seats than Tories but not enough?
            Nick is unlikely to even lead the party into elections, but after inevitable heavy losses he'd have to resign (if he even wins his seat).

Comment

I struggle to think of the name of a single Lib MP other than Nick. Would Vince be the new leader?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                No, do it, really.

Ironically a vote for UKIP could end up causing the opposite: a Labour victory and therefore no referendum on the EU. The federalists know this, and they'll keep quiet for a few years while they 'fix' the Euro. Then in 2015 Ed will get thrown a bone or two in Brussels before the onward march of 'ever closer union'.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

If Labour get in we will have big bonuses for bankers, money printing, loads of immigration, rigged housing market, EU meddling, high inflation, falling wages, high unemployment and massive budget deficit.

Or, to put it another way, same as we've got now.

I'm voting UKIP as it's a protest vote to all the core parties.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    I'll vote for ATW Party - it's the only vote that makes sense.
                    FTFY
                    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

The next election could be Labour's last chance. If Scotland votes for independance and therefore there are no Scottish MP's at Westminster, then they will lose a fair number of MP's.

I think at the next election we will see a rise in the % of the vote gained by parties outside of the Con Lab Lib trinity, although possibly not enough to gain seats.

Comment

Working...
                      X