• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family members taking the piss with money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    That diet and exorcism program has really worked wonders...
    FTFY

Comment

Chasing family over money is to be avoided, you only stand to lose out either way.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Seems family seem to think I'm loaded and lucky to be so and, as such, they can screw me over with small amounts of money.
        I think they read on an internet forum that you have £94k in the bank and were trying to reduce that figure. Or something. Anyway I'll PM you my Paypal details

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          I think they read on an internet forum that you have £94k in the bank and were trying to reduce that figure. Or something. Anyway I'll PM you my Paypal details
          I wish!

I think you refer to the thread where I mentioned I had £94K of available credit on my credit cards. :-)
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I wish!

I think you refer to the thread where I mentioned I had £94K of available credit on my credit cards. :-)
            Right. So you want me to whack your brother right? Flyover or shallow grave in Epping forest?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Chasing family over money is to be avoided, you only stand to lose out either way.
              Aye. True.

Weird family my mrs has got. All the kids seem to be in a bit of a competition to prove who's the most skint - its well weird. But then again, I guess this is what happens if they get a sniff that someone's not skint LOL. But over the years we find you've got to be careful what you admit to with regards to money and jobs etc.

Still think its a bit off mind doing that but maybe its just me. If I borrow a fiver I make sure I pay it back.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

You can choose your friends but you can't choose your family seems appropriate here, personally I wouldn't buy them anything I don't for mine and they don't buy for me I end up better off that way
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Weird family my mrs has got. All the kids seem to be in a bit of a competition to prove who's the most skint - its well weird. But then again, I guess this is what happens if they get a sniff that someone's not skint LOL. But over the years we find you've got to be careful what you admit to with regards to money and jobs etc.
                  Every time I am forced to see family they try to find new ways of asking me how much I earn to which I use the same old responses either "enough" or "not a lot"
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                    Every time I am forced to see family they try to find new ways of asking me how much I earn to which I use the same old responses either "enough" or "not a lot"
                    How strange.

I have no idea what anyone in my family earns and have no interest in finding out.

Similar for mates, no idea, no interest.

Comment

I've lost count of the amount of times i've paid for the 1st round then everyone buys their own for the 2nd. Not just family, friends too (when they bloody come out!!)

I don't mind buying my Mum/Dad drinks and getting nothing in return because they've already paid for loads of stuff for me in the past (upbringing, food, drinks, holidays, clothes, everything).

Everyone else is going to get a beating soon
                      Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Working...
                      X