• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family members taking the piss with money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    ZeitSorror earns 5 or 6 times wot Zeity earns.

And will get a gold plated pension on top of it.
    Civil Serpent?
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Nope.

Eyer Edjumakashen.
      I have a good friend who's a teacher in Carmarthen and he was saying that given the contributions they make their pensions are more or less funded by themselves without any additional funds from the taxpayer
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Am I the only one?

Seems family seem to think I'm loaded and lucky to be so and, as such, they can screw me over with small amounts of money.

Recently, mrs bought present for mother for xmas off her and other siblings. She was the one had all the hassle of going out and buying, wrapping etc as well. All paid up apart from one brother who, for some reason, left £20 outstanding.

Polite reminders but still no dosh. Don't think he can be arsed now.
        Thing is I thinks he's more minted than me - no kids, drives new BMW, takes about 4-5 holidays a year.

Yeh, I know its £20 but is the principle. Pretty bad how he can stitch a family member u up even if it is for a small amount. And, in effect, he's not paid much for his own mothers xmas present. Even if I was skint as a dog I don't think I could do that!

Aint the first time I've had this with family though.... Not that they know how much I earn but once they found out we pay a cleaner they seem to think we're fair game now!
        Let it go.

Life isn't worth stressing over such small things. Make excuses for the guy and you sleep better. If he has done it on purpose then he will suffer in the end. What goes around, comes around.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
          Let it go.

Life isn't worth stressing over such small things. Make excuses for the guy and you sleep better. If he has done it on purpose then he will suffer in the end. What goes around, comes around.
          Good point ... on an unrelated matter could I borrow twenty quid?
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
            I have a good friend who's a teacher in Carmarthen and he was saying that given the contributions they make their pensions are more or less funded by themselves without any additional funds from the taxpayer
            tell him he is mistaken

Teacher pensions contributions for 2012-13 announced - In the news

Who's telling the truth in the public sector pension row? | News | guardian.co.uk

This shows that this year the civil service pension scheme will be in deficit by £2.1bn; the teachers pension scheme in deficit by £3bn; the armed forces in deficit by £1.6bn; the judicial pension scheme will be balanced; and the NHS pension scheme will be £1.8bn in profit.

If I could get the equivalent pension privately I would take it.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              Let it go.

No way should he.

This guy is taking the piss. He's laughing at the OP. Probably held his head under the sheets as a kid as he let rip. He's still doing it. £20 today. His wife tomorrow. I'd recommend knee capping.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                tell him he is mistaken

Teacher pensions contributions for 2012-13 announced - In the news

Who's telling the truth in the public sector pension row? | News | guardian.co.uk

This shows that this year the civil service pension scheme will be in deficit by £2.1bn; the teachers pension scheme in deficit by £3bn; the armed forces in deficit by £1.6bn; the judicial pension scheme will be balanced; and the NHS pension scheme will be £1.8bn in profit.

If I could get the equivalent pension privately I would take it.
                I thought as much I told him he was talking through his rear at the time, surely it'll reach the point where they will have to call time on these pension schemes
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Probably held his head under the sheets as a kid as he let rip.

Comment

Working...
                  X