• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advise please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petition to ban northernlad and keep newtothegame ?

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
      I like this guy.
      He has a certain je ne sais quoi about him doesn't he. Putting the same effort and thought in to his research as his abuse he will be a winner I am sure.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
        Petition to ban northernlad and keep newtothegame ?
        Asking for a ban is a bannable offense isn't it?

Comment

Is asking to ask for a ban an offense?

Comment

I decided to alter reality so he's not causing offence. Let's see whether anything interesting happens next.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by newtothegame View Post
              Hello all.

May I first say thank you for any potential replies.

I wonder if anyone can offer advise.

I have just finished an IVA , I have the completion certificate and am no longer on the insolvency register.

This was an early settlement after 3 years, from my redundancy money so the IVA/defaults will still be all over my credit file.

I am looking to contract as a PM in London.

My questions are...

Which umbrella companies do you recommend?

What is the average retain these days from an umbrella company? 6 years ago I was retaining 80 percent, that was with 1500 miles a months.

I expect to earn (fingers crossed) 4-500 a day, so would a limited company be better?

If so would I be able to get a business account? My current bank account is with the coop who I know are IVA friendly on a personnel level at least.

Are employers more likely to credit check me if I am using a Ltd company opposed to a umbrella company?

What is the average retain on a Ltd company?

Anything else you can think of?

Kind Regards and thanks.

You will be ripped off by umbrella companies. An alternative could be a limited company run by you mum or best friend. You don't have to be a director in order to have shares and take a divi'.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                You will be ripped off by umbrella companies. An alternative could be a limited company run by you mum or best friend. You don't have to be a director in order to have shares and take a divi'.
                But if that is the case you will be involving your friends in your business which isn't a good idea and having someone related that isn't your spouse which is also a bad idea so both only options if absolutely everything else fails imo.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I decided to alter reality so he's not causing offence. Let's see whether anything interesting happens next.
                  No fair, do you know how long it took me to decipher his coded message!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by newtothegame View Post
                    Hello all.

I have just finished an IVA , I have the completion certificate and am no longer on the insolvency register.

This was an early settlement after 3 years, from my redundancy money so the IVA/defaults will still be all over my credit file.

I am looking to contract as a PM in London.

My questions are...

Which umbrella companies do you recommend?

What is the average retain these days from an umbrella company? 6 years ago I was retaining 80 percent, that was with 1500 miles a months.

I expect to earn (fingers crossed) 4-500 a day, so would a limited company be better?

If so would I be able to get a business account? My current bank account is with the coop who I know are IVA friendly on a personnel level at least.

Are employers more likely to credit check me if I am using a Ltd company opposed to a umbrella company?

What is the average retain on a Ltd company?

Anything else you can think of?

Kind Regards and thanks.
                    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    No fair, do you know how long it took me to decipher his coded message!
                    I've done the first paragraph.

Hello all.

hamifstyfapriwiacoa

a warmish iffy tapioca

I have a horrible feeling I know where this is going...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      I've done the first paragraph.

Hello all.

hamifstyfapriwiacoa

a warmish iffy tapioca

I have a horrible feeling I know where this is going...
                      You have way too much time on your hands for a Friday night!
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X