• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Advise please

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Advise please"

Collapse

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    But if that is the case you will be involving your friends in your business which isn't a good idea and having someone related that isn't your spouse which is also a bad idea so both only options if absolutely everything else fails imo.
    I think having a spouse involved is the worst idea, I have heard of lots of spouse taking money, getting divorced etc etc Never heard of someone's mum doing that.

I know bankruptee's cannot be directors, and IVA is not a bankrupt. quick look on google confirms that he can start his own company.

Though one has to wonder, can someone who cannot manage their money be able to keep money to one side for VAT, Corp Tax and so on.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I've done the first paragraph.

Hello all.

May I first say thank you for any potential replies.

I wonder if anyone can offer advise.

hamifstyfapriwiacoa

a warmish iffy tapioca

I have a horrible feeling I know where this is going...
    You missed of the Advice Please, which yields "Pacify Two Mafia Pariahs". It's clearly instructions for an anti-organised crime mole.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Yeah, where's the 'do you need to get a life?' quiz?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Hello all.

hamifstyfapriwiacoa

a warmish iffy tapioca

You have way too much time on your hands for a Friday night!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by newtothegame View Post
    Hello all.

I have just finished an IVA , I have the completion certificate and am no longer on the insolvency register.

This was an early settlement after 3 years, from my redundancy money so the IVA/defaults will still be all over my credit file.

I am looking to contract as a PM in London.

My questions are...

Which umbrella companies do you recommend?

What is the average retain these days from an umbrella company? 6 years ago I was retaining 80 percent, that was with 1500 miles a months.

I expect to earn (fingers crossed) 4-500 a day, so would a limited company be better?

If so would I be able to get a business account? My current bank account is with the coop who I know are IVA friendly on a personnel level at least.

Are employers more likely to credit check me if I am using a Ltd company opposed to a umbrella company?

What is the average retain on a Ltd company?

Anything else you can think of?

Kind Regards and thanks.
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    No fair, do you know how long it took me to decipher his coded message!

Hello all.

hamifstyfapriwiacoa

a warmish iffy tapioca

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I decided to alter reality so he's not causing offence. Let's see whether anything interesting happens next.
    No fair, do you know how long it took me to decipher his coded message!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    You will be ripped off by umbrella companies. An alternative could be a limited company run by you mum or best friend. You don't have to be a director in order to have shares and take a divi'.
    But if that is the case you will be involving your friends in your business which isn't a good idea and having someone related that isn't your spouse which is also a bad idea so both only options if absolutely everything else fails imo.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Hello all.

I have just finished an IVA , I have the completion certificate and am no longer on the insolvency register.

This was an early settlement after 3 years, from my redundancy money so the IVA/defaults will still be all over my credit file.

I am looking to contract as a PM in London.

My questions are...

Which umbrella companies do you recommend?

What is the average retain these days from an umbrella company? 6 years ago I was retaining 80 percent, that was with 1500 miles a months.

I expect to earn (fingers crossed) 4-500 a day, so would a limited company be better?

If so would I be able to get a business account? My current bank account is with the coop who I know are IVA friendly on a personnel level at least.

Are employers more likely to credit check me if I am using a Ltd company opposed to a umbrella company?

What is the average retain on a Ltd company?

Anything else you can think of?

Kind Regards and thanks.

You will be ripped off by umbrella companies. An alternative could be a limited company run by you mum or best friend. You don't have to be a director in order to have shares and take a divi'.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I decided to alter reality so he's not causing offence. Let's see whether anything interesting happens next.

Leave a comment:

• Robinho
    replied
    Is asking to ask for a ban an offense?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    Petition to ban northernlad and keep newtothegame ?
    Asking for a ban is a bannable offense isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    I like this guy.
    He has a certain je ne sais quoi about him doesn't he. Putting the same effort and thought in to his research as his abuse he will be a winner I am sure.

Leave a comment:

• Robinho
    replied
    Petition to ban northernlad and keep newtothegame ?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    NLUK I love you and want to have your babies.

Please ban me !!!

Kind Regards
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to northernladuk again.
    Can someone do the needful please?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    NLUK I love you and want to have your babies.

Please ban me !!!

Kind Regards

Leave a comment:

Working...
X