• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    How the &%£^ is stuff like this allowed to happen? How can they open paper positions for twice the permitted amount of physical available? have they learnt nothing over the last 4 years?!
    Too big to fail, old boy. They can do whatever they damn well please and they know it

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      How the &%£^ is stuff like this allowed to happen? How can they open paper positions for twice the permitted amount of physical available? have they learnt nothing over the last 4 years?!
      I agree.

It's gross incompetence that is.

How the **** they only opened twice as much positions? They'd make FAR more money if they oversold it 10 or 20 times at least.

Sack them bankers I say.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On
        have they learnt nothing over the last 4 years?!

You're funny
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Never understood the fascination with gold as an investment - it pays no income, it costs money to hold it and it has no real value other than peoples perception.

I would rather invest in companies that do something that turns a profit etc.

Mind you I could see an advantage if the British public are stupid to vote in labour again, one way of keeping your cash from the grabbing hands of Ed Balls.
          "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
            Never understood the fascination with gold as an investment - it pays no income, it costs money to hold it and it has no real value other than peoples perception.
            +1
            But people have been perceiving it as being valuable for the past 5000 years. So they are rather likely to carry on thinking it so.

Comment

Gold is widely used outside of jewellery so it does have a real value. Though how low that value would be if it was the only use...
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                On the contrary, gold is widely used and very valuable in the electronics industry.

IIRC it is also used in medicine.

Comment

And I think that there is a German beer that uses it - although this might be bollucs
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                    And I think that there is a German beer that uses it - although this might be bollucs
                    You're thinking of Goldschlager, it's a spirit and is Swiss, but it's true, there's tiny amounts of gold in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
                      You're thinking of Goldschlager, it's a spirit and is Swiss, but it's true, there's tiny amounts of gold in it.
                      That's the one!
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X