• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did you pass your driving test...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never sat it, never took a driving lesson.

Comment

First time - although I had thought I'd failed after the first 10 mins into it as I stalled on roundabout. Annoyed at it, I carried on in a bit of a huff thinking i'd failed. Examiner made me stay out an extra 10 mins on the test and explained after that he was busy doing something else so couldn't really assess the first 10 mins and added it onto the end
      Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
        First time - although I had thought I'd failed after the first 10 mins into it as I stalled on roundabout. Annoyed at it, I carried on in a bit of a huff thinking i'd failed. Examiner made me stay out an extra 10 mins on the test and explained after that he was busy doing something else so couldn't really assess the first 10 mins and added it onto the end
        I like this a lot. I think it also explains a lot about what we're missing with having more speed cameras, and less policemen on the road. A policeman is much more likely to let you go at 99mph on the M5 if it's empty, dry and late at night/early morning. A camera will not; it's the human element that's important. I am sure my instructor could have failed me, but chose not to, for whatever reason he had.

Comment

Failed it when I was 17. Didn't bother taking it again until I was 39, when I passed

Comment

Motorbike, first time. On an old Yamaha D250MX. After he told I had passed event though I stalled on the emergency stop, I kickstarted it and the kickstart broke so had to bump start it

Car, first time with only 2 hours of lessons. Did it in a MKII Cortina which was handpainted by yours truly in red oxide and had a furry dashboard and other modifications. I did it on crutches while wearing a welly on one foot. After he told me I had passed I went to start it and the accelerator linkage broke

Third time I failed (honest, I did a third test, the motorcycle second part, but we won't go into details here)
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I pass my testings in Bangalore. Drive away in rapid form, come back and brake the car fruitfully, and Bob is being your uncle! Pass!

Bob

Comment

1st - Failed after losing concentration and thinking that the roundabout had two lanes and getting into the right hand lane. The examiner calmly informed me that we were on the wrong side of the road. He said I would have passed if it was not for that.

2nd - Failed for slowing traffic. Someone changed lanes without indicating and had to break. They did not indicated and I still got failed - swines!

3rd - Passed.
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Had my Leaner's permit for 8 years now. Not had a chance to use it. I only use it for ID purposes. Wife does all the driving.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                    I stalled on my car test. The examiner made some comment about maybe the car was idling too high - I think it was, and my instructor had chosen to do that to make the car "easier" for hill starts and the like.

On my second successful bike test, I ran out of fuel. But I was careful to do exactly the right thing: indicate, slow, stop by the road, switch to reserve tank, start the engine, look carefully, indicate right before pulling out etc. I think that might have earned me some bonus points.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I think I have the record so far, won't tell you how many times but its more than the next highest on this thread, and more than a few people combined
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X