• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did you pass your driving test...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I don't believe you. You more likely knocked over the bollards and bribed the examiner 100 rupees
    The examiner stayed in the cafe while I do drivings. Any bollard knockings and similar are not being known to him.

You are precise about 100 rupee offerings though. Did you test in India too?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
      A policeman is much more likely to let you go at 99mph on the M5 ...
      A few years back maybe. Not these days, not from what people I know have said. They all basically c*nts. HTH.

Comment

I was speaking to my Granfather back in the day and he told me that he NEVER took a test, just went in the post office and filled in an application and got his full licence.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          A few years back maybe. Not these days, not from what people I know have said. They all basically c*nts. HTH.
          I was late for a ferry a few years back, driving to Rome. I come across a V70 paddy wagon going about 70mph. Everytime I wento overtake it, it swerved in front of me and a light in the back lit up saying Police Slow. He did it everytime I tried for about 30 miles, then pulled off.

All he succeeded in doing was ensure I drove the last 30 odd miles at around 130mph.

But all in all, they're ok, if you're not mardy with them. I was pulled at 90mph in the Motorhome and when stopped he was all smiles and asked how it went that fast. All in all, like most professions, there are good and bad, but in the main, they're not that bad ime

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
            I was speaking to my Granfather back in the day and he told me that he NEVER took a test, just went in the post office and filled in an application and got his full licence.
            LOL amazing:

A voluntary driving test was introduced in England in 1935. The test cost 37½ pence and the pass rate was 63%. The first person to pass was called Mr Been. There weren’t any test centres and examiners would meet candidates at a pre-arranged spot, like a park or railway station. The compulsory driving test was introduced on 1st June 1935, for all drivers who started driving on or after 1st of April 1934.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
              For my Dad, I think he got it in the army, they just said, can you drive? He said no, they just said you can now.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                I think I have the record so far, won't tell you how many times but its more than the next highest on this thread, and more than a few people combined
                Seems weird there is no limit (that I know of).
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

In Switzerland you get three goes. After that you have to see a psychiatrist. I don't know how many goes you get after that.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    And some ex-pilots too, IIRC
                    That would apply to me as my license has expired.

Intend to renew after this gig though.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      In Switzerland you get three goes. After that you have to see a psychiatrist. I don't know how many goes you get after that.
                      Switzerland is easy. At the end of the test the pupil asks the examiner "What is the name given to a gap in the mountains where roads are built?" When the examiner answers; the pupil says thanks.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X