• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are working people this dependant on benefits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Wrong, again. Next!
    What is it then o great one?

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      That is assuming your offspring aren't simply another of your massively long list of Walter Mitty fantasies which you post here on CUK.
      Indeed only the other day I attempted to put a child seat in the back seat of my GT 86.
      Cretin.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
        I didn't say that you can't. I said that if there was a reward, then you have to be ofsted registered. I then posted a link to the ofsted web site which contains their own factsheet.

From which I quote:

"The law usually requires people to register as childminders where they provide care for children under the age of eight in their own home or someone else’s home (not the children’s own home) for more than two hours a day for reward."

It then goes to give examples where if money changes hands, the carer should be registered with ofsted.
        So you can go to someone's house and look after their kids there without being Ofsted registered.
        Edit: And get paid for doing so.
        Which is what I and loads of people do.
        Not that over-regulated then is it, which was the point of this rather pointless discussion.
        Last edited by sasguru; 20 November 2012, 17:17.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Women stayed at home. The cost of housing and rampant inflation means that two wages are now often required.
          This is my point, my wife has been bringing up our daughter for over 8 years and in this time I have done what is necessary to provide for the family. For the first 4 years we managed on 18-22k (depending on overtime) and seeing as that's one salary not two there's obviously a lot less as we didn't reap the benefits of two tax allowances. Yet we managed and we've had very little from the government in terms of tax credits etc or whatever they call them.
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
            This is my point, my wife has been bringing up our daughter for over 8 years and in this time I have done what is necessary to provide for the family. For the first 4 years we managed on 18-22k (depending on overtime) and seeing as that's one salary not two there's obviously a lot less as we didn't reap the benefits of two tax allowances. Yet we managed and we've had very little from the government in terms of tax credits etc or whatever they call them.
            Thanks for your personal anecdote. Where were you living when on 20K?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Do calm sas, there's a good chap. You are being deliberately argumentative and unpleasant.

In fact, seeing as this thread has degenerated into a typical 'sas was here', I think I'll go home and see my girls while they're still awake.

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
                Do calm sas, there's a good chap. You are being deliberately argumentative and unpleasant.
                And your point is?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Are you saying it's a bad thing to have child minders registered, you obviously childless numpty?
                  And in any case your assertion is not quite true.
                  Are you saying that if you want your neighbour's teenage kid to babysit for your child, they should have to get a CRB check and be registered?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Thanks for your personal anecdote. Where were you living when on 20K?
                    Caerphilly which is 10 miles outside of Cardiff
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                      Caerphilly which is 10 miles outside of Cardiff
                      Quite. Are you saying everyone (from say London) should move there to take advantage of the lower rents, mortgages and other costs?
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X