• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petition to unban Gentile

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, my 2¢ worth, I don't think she was a sockie, she posted way too much personal information to be one, I think she is no worse or better than any other of the "characters" on here, however she took things way to seriously and refused to back down not only when wrong, but when the will of the masses was against her which as part of a community has to be done at time, after that things just spiralled against her.

I feel she was harshly treated with certain members, especially around the whole gender swap (not really sure where that came from) so that put her on the defensive most of the time
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

So to summarise: unbalanced cat lady was, well, unbalanced.
      Who'd have thunk it?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        (apart from MF's powertrip)
        Show off

(oh likewise)
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Personally I thought she was an arse, but to be fair she livened the place up a bit. As people have stated before, she was a right pompous tw@t at times. Even more so than other people. Sas for instance is almost a master class in character creation. Suity is just daft as a brush and takes the ribbing well. Gentile on the other hand really believed her own press. That woman seriously thought she could walk on water.

As an aside, something TM said about the so called
          'pro-Gentile' mob trying to cast some of us as 40 year old virgins who would get all angry because we are supposedly in awe of attractive women. I just have to put that to bed right now, Gentile is not attractive (in my opinion). I actually saw a lot of those people using that argument as being the stereotype. They'll most probably not admit it, but I bet you a fair few of them were no doubt messaging her telling her not to worry about the nasty men on the forum and all that pish. You people that did are most probably the stereotypical geek whose last sniff of a pair of pants was their mothers (to use a lovely Scottish turn of phrase).
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

I doubt it - messaging is turned off when permabanned.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              I doubt it - messaging is turned off when permabanned.
              I meant when she was still here paraphrasing her opinion in 5 page articles.
              "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by captainham View Post
                A few recent threads tell me that on occasions there is definitely no love lost between at least a few of the General regulars and the Mods, so after seeing those, I'd be happy with the opinion that there was no 'side-taking' going on.
                I think Cojak admitted that she operated a list and the names on it get less leeway then others.

My inkling is that for most mods MF is at the top it.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  I think Cojak admitted that she operated a list and the names on it get less leeway then others.
                  That's to be expected. Be nice to mods and helpful to the forums, and you'll get more leeway than if you're constantly mouthing off, whinging about favouritism, partiality and inconsistency.

Sounds like a no-brainer to me.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Fair enough though I would say...once you get on the radar, you tend to stay on the radar! A previous boss yonks ago in permiedom had it in for me after an 'incident', I was a marked man from that point onwards!

With the benefit of hindsight, leaving a fish behind the radiator over the weekend can have that effect though I s'pose...

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                      Personally I thought she was an arse, but to be fair she livened the place up a bit. As people have stated before, she was a right pompous tw@t at times. Even more so than other people. Sas for instance is almost a master class in character creation. Suity is just daft as a brush and takes the ribbing well. Gentile on the other hand really believed her own press. That woman seriously thought she could walk on water.

As an aside, something TM said about the so called
                      'pro-Gentile' mob trying to cast some of us as 40 year old virgins who would get all angry because we are supposedly in awe of attractive women. I just have to put that to bed right now, Gentile is not attractive (in my opinion). I actually saw a lot of those people using that argument as being the stereotype. They'll most probably not admit it, but I bet you a fair few of them were no doubt messaging her telling her not to worry about the nasty men on the forum and all that pish. You people that did are most probably the stereotypical geek whose last sniff of a pair of pants was their mothers (to use a lovely Scottish turn of phrase).
                      Sorry but I fail to see the relevance of whether Gentile was attractive or not? My point is that she didnt deserve some of the comments. Some of them seemed to be because she was female.
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X