• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petition to unban Gentile

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    The least admin could do is post the PMs
    I have two theories

1) Gentile was a troll - possibly even the same person as KittyCat.

2) Gentile took it all a bit too seriously and failed to grasp the nature of an internet forum and this one in particular. She felt it wasn't run in a way that she considered fair and proper. She took it upon herself to try to ensure that things were done the way she thought they should be, hence threatening legal action (the accusations presumably being along the lines of bullying or discrimination). Admin got fed up with the complaints/threats, so banned the complainee. Problem solved.

FWIW, I thought she was extremely misguided to put herself in the firing line by posting so many pics of herself, and was a little opinionated (or gobby as some might say) but she mostly seemed OK, and I think tried to be helpful at least some of the time.

Comment

Wow, must have been some good content considering everyone else can come out with the most vile stuff on a public board and get a week off only, but if you say something nobody can hear you get permed.
      Indeed. Gentiles must have really upset the dbo.

one day at a time

Comment

Did we ever establish if Mitch would ?

I think he would.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          Did we ever establish if Mitch would ?

I think he would.
          She hasn't asked me yet. Give a girl a chance.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The least admin could do is post the PMs
            WHS!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              I have two theories

2) Gentile took it all a bit too seriously and failed to grasp the nature of an internet forum and this one in particular. She felt it wasn't run in a way that she considered fair and proper. She took it upon herself to try to ensure that things were done the way she thought they should be, hence threatening legal action (the accusations presumably being along the lines of bullying or discrimination). Admin got fed up with the complaints/threats, so banned the complainee. Problem solved.

FWIW, I thought she was extremely misguided to put herself in the firing line by posting so many pics of herself, and was a little opinionated (or gobby as some might say) but she mostly seemed OK, and I think tried to be helpful at least some of the time.
              I think #2 has to be the case, unless she was trolling as herself. Posting pictures of herself holding messages (like on 419eater) is the normal way to prove you really are the one in the photo. So she might have been playing a character but I think it was definitely her.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If Gentile has been banned, then I'd be interested to hear why.

Is it for a genuine reason?

I doubt it. Probably same old thing where the pathetic mods on this forum stick up for the regulars because they like their small bit of power.

Some of you are a lot of sad ******* the way you pick on Gentile.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I have two theories

I think she had a right not be abused or sexually harassed with childish comments though. Sometimes this forum seems to resemble a forum of 13 yr old boys rather than supposedly adult IT professionals.

Comment

I have two theories

I think #2 aswell.

But I also think what kind of nutjob posts links to their real life on an Internet forum? She didn't seem to get that to most of us CUKers it is an anonymous la la land. And anyone who so openly posts stuff about themselves was leaving themselves wide open to a ribbing.

Grant it, quite a few of us have met IRL and got on grand with each other and realised that the persona online is often not what you get in real life. I know its a bit rich for me to say you shouldn't blur the lines between real life and online life but until you have been here for a while and gotten to know how it works, you can't just come in and dictate how you want the place to be. CUK has existed fine without her input this far and I'm pretty sure it will carry on perfectly fine without it.

FWIW, I think Admin was right, why in the name of God should he have to put up with threats of legal action from someone who couldn't take the ribbing they left themselves wide open for??
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                      I have taken the decision to ban Gentile's account permanently. This was due to some accusations she made via PM yesterday. I have nothing more to say on this matter.
                      And its really hard to work out how to open another account isnt it?

Comment

Working...
                      X