• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Children with ADHD. Real or bad parenting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I'm sure some parents seek (and maybe get) an ADHD diagnosis to excuse their bad parenting. I remember once, when I worked in a creche, one parent insisting her child had "seperation anxiety", as that's what the doctor had said. The kid was fine once mum was out the door. It was mum who had the separation anxiety.

If you're implying that ADHD is not a real thing, then I disagree.

Anyway, giving kids a good hiding is indicative of the decline in morals in this country. Rooftop snipers - it's the only solution.
    +1. The original post was very badly framed.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Is ADHD a disability?

AFAIK ADHD can be treated with medication (or, frequently, dietary changes). To me a disability can't be negated through medication.
    ADHD (if the real thing) should be a disability.

I have just had to put up with the youngest autistic one in church for an hour. Thankfully I borrowed a lovely baby to cuddle for a while which made it worthwhile.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Good idea. Lets give disabled kids a good hiding. Would you like to hand them over to Jimmy Savile? Or stick them in cages like at the zoo and let people pay to visit and laugh at them?
    Is ADHD a disability?

AFAIK ADHD can be treated with medication (or, frequently, dietary changes). To me a disability can't be negated through medication.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I'm sure some parents seek (and maybe get) an ADHD diagnosis to excuse their bad parenting. I remember once, when I worked in a creche, one parent insisting her child had "seperation anxiety", as that's what the doctor had said. The kid was fine once mum was out the door. It was mum who had the separation anxiety.

If you're implying that ADHD is not a real thing, then I disagree.

Anyway, giving kids a good hiding is indicative of the decline in morals in this country. Rooftop snipers - it's the only solution.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    You've still never got over making a complete arse of yourself that time I posted the "MarillionFan, world's least-talented sockie hunter" rebuff, have you fat boy?.
    I'm sorry like, but that video of yours was complete pish.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    You've still never got over making a complete arse of yourself that time I posted the "MarillionFan, world's least-talented sockie hunter" rebuff, have you fat boy? To err is human, to make the same error over and over again is MarillionFanny.

Boohyah!

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Did your parents used to call you a naughty boy as well???
    You've still never got over making a complete arse of yourself that time I posted the "MarillionFan, world's least-talented sockie hunter" rebuff, have you fat boy? To err is human, to make the same error over and over again is MarillionFanny.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I don't care how slim your kid's tellys are, or what their resolution is. You're still an awful human being, and by implication a bad parent.
    Did your parents used to call you a naughty boy as well???

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    It's MF petal, relax.
    good point, well made

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I don't care how slim your kid's tellys are, or what their resolution is. You're still an awful human being, and by implication a bad parent.
    It's MF petal, relax.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Children with ADHD. Real or bad parenting?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X