• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Children with ADHD. Real or bad parenting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It makes me think of the genetic component of ADHD when he mentions stuff like that...
    I worked with him once. He had anger issues (I managed to tease them out of him ) but I wouldn't want him to find himself in trouble with a higher power.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      I worked with him once. He had anger issues (I managed to tease them out of him ) but I wouldn't want him to find himself in trouble with a higher power.
      You nicked the entire development teams test rig the day before a major presentation you douche.

Anger issues? Don’t think I was the one who rugby tackled a small blind gypsy beggar girl in the pub before putting her in a sleeper hold and just because she was late with your pint!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        You nicked the entire development teams test rig the day before a major presentation you douche.

Anger issues? Don’t think I was the one who rugby tackled a small blind gypsy beggar girl in the pub before putting her in a sleeper hold and just because she was late with your pint!
        One of those tales is actually true...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          One of those tales is actually true...
          Hopefully she's learned her lesson.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Pulled him out of school and self taught him yesterday after a terrible Monday.

We now believe he is whats known as PDA (Pathological Demand Avoidance) . You can't give a direct request to him without him melting down (Bit like Mordac really). So knowing that, Im going to gear him up for a life as an IT Support person, where you can ask them to do something and they just sneer at you.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

We now believe he is whats known as PDA (Pathological Demand Avoidance) . You can't give a direct request to him without him melting down (Bit like Mordac really). So knowing that, Im going to gear him up for a life as an IT Support person, where you can ask them to do something and they just sneer at you.
              Nah he just hates the teachers cos they are very nasty.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Have you tried turning him off and on again?

Comment

"So after what 8 years, we have a proper school for my son. Thank **** for that."

Spoke to soon. And he's out of school again. Kicked out of his new special school which supposedly doesnt kick people out, so back to square one.

Just four weeks into the term. Nice. Glad I spent all that money.

Private school, only seems to care about the money. He's been there a month, and spends most of it wandering around on his own. He phoned on Wednesday in tears, on his own in the woods, saying he hated it. Another kid had hurt him, and he had deregulated. He then rubbed his phone over a teachers car which left a mark and a small scratch. We'd already been in a week earlier as he alledged a carer had shoved him against the wall, which they denied, but when I called them out, they said they'd put there arm around him (I aint buying it)

Excluded for damage to a car. The headteacher said 'I may struggle to keep staff if their cars aren't safe' Tosser.

Review bought forward and they said he will need to find another school. plus he needs to show contrition when we go into today about the car. I may land up lamping someone myself.

Is it possible that your son is mentally ill and also has AD(H)D? If he is aware that his behaviour is unacceptable but personally feels unable to cease or minimise it then he will inevitably be judging himself and could potentially be depressed or something not unrelated as a result of not fitting in at numerous schools.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    You always light up our lives when you post.

And we thought that was the reflection off the NAZI gold!

Have some compassion MF is having a hard time.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Nah he just hates the teachers cos they are very nasty.

Mrs V as you may know is a child minder, she walks all the kids to school to drop of Miss V3 and some of he school kids. She does this partially so they get exercise, an interesting journey to school and because the school has no public parking so the estate round it is a sea of BMWs & Mercs parking on double yellows so their occupants kids don't have to walk more than 100 feet to school.

Its a mile plus each day so the kids backpacks go on the stroller and she hands them to the kids before they walk in. One teacher told them off because wasn't building independence in her charges. Its not like they have to wipe these kids bottoms or change their nappies in nursery as they have to with many others.

Yep some teachers are twerps. Any minute now we will get a post from the teacher liberation front telling us how bad it is.
                      Last edited by vetran; 15 October 2020, 10:02.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X