• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Children with ADHD. Real or bad parenting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    And now the first permanent exclusion looms. Now referred to a special behavioural unit, he will be attending a special unit to see if he can be helped.

He now hits the floor or throws chairs / things everytime he is startled by a loud noise. Talking normally one second, rolling around like a lunatic the other. The complaints have started the last few weeks from other parents who's children have now become anxious, or he's hit when he's having a meltdown, pushing people away from him. Wearing ear protectors when we go out, getting odd looks all the time and now other parents turning away, at other times he's funny, clever & engaging.

I know in my heart where this will go eventually. F-uck it.

Comment

And now the first permanent exclusion looms. Now referred to a special behavioural unit, he will be attending a special unit to see if he can be helped.

He now hits the floor or throws chairs / things everytime he is startled by a loud noise. Talking normally one second, rolling around like a lunatic the other. The complaints have started the last few weeks from other parents who's children have now become anxious, or he's hit when he's having a meltdown, pushing people away from him. Wearing ear protectors when we go out, getting odd looks all the time and now other parents turning away, at other times he's funny, clever & engaging.

Are you watching the series on BBC - 'The A Word' ?

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

Comment

MF - Sounds like the sort of thing my 83 year old Dad would say. Hes famous for forgetting its not the 1950s. Should hear his opinions on same sex relationships, and non-white people. Cringeworthy....

My sons recently been diagnosed with Aspergers. Let me tell you - the things he does, the way he behaves is bizarre to say the least. Its not bad behaviour.

Saying that you'd be surprised the number of health professionals who flag it as "parental skills problems". One supposed mental health professional nearly ended up in A&E with broken nose when they said this to my Mrs!
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Saying that you'd be surprised the number of health professionals who flag it as "parental skills problems". One supposed mental health professional nearly ended up in A&E with broken nose when they said this to my Mrs!
            You might be better to put in a complaint rather than use violence.

Comment

MF - Sounds like the sort of thing my 83 year old Dad would say. Hes famous for forgetting its not the 1950s. Should hear his opinions on same sex relationships, and non-white people. Cringeworthy....

My sons recently been diagnosed with Aspergers. Let me tell you - the things he does, the way he behaves is bizarre to say the least. Its not bad behaviour.
              His behaviour isn't bizarre it is just different. If humans all acted the same we would have died out as a species.

Health professionals are members of society so have as fecked up views as everyone else even though they should know better.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                You might be better to put in a complaint rather than use violence.
                Flowchart for dealing with complaints in NHS.

1. Can we deny it happened? If so deny it. If not got to 2.
                2. Can we blame budget cuts? If so blame budget cuts. If not go to 3.
                3. Last resort just say we're sorry and we've taken note. End of.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

If exclusion is being suggested, make sure you know your rights. https://www.ipsea.org.uk/what-you-ne...on-from-school

Good luck
                  England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                    If exclusion is being suggested, make sure you know your rights. https://www.ipsea.org.uk/what-you-ne...on-from-school

Good luck

So they want him to attend a special unit two days a week. It's not available until January, so they want him to reduce his hours at school to 8.30-10.30 and for him to be homeschooled for the rest of the day until Jan.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

So they want him to attend a special unit two days a week. It's not available until January, so they want him to reduce his hours at school to 8.30-10.30 and for him to be homeschooled for the rest of the day until Jan.
                      I'd call IPSEA and get some advice as I'm not sure that they can exclude him for part of the day like that. IPSEA are very good and will support you right through any appeals or legal challenges.
                      England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Working...
                      X