• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jimmy Savile 'household name' sweep

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Also he was in the public eye so should be setting an example.
    actually no, that suggests that a nobody 28 year old should be allowed to get away with it. Your comment might count if he was a 16 year old player.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      The age of consent in Holland is actually 12 where consent is given.
      No it isn't. It's sixteen, same as here.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      If a 17 year old has sex with a 15 year old in the UK with consent the 17 year old is out on a register and deemed a paedophile. That's wrong.
      Although strictly speaking a police investigation might determine that an offence has occurred, the chance of the CPS determining that a prosecution is in the public interest in such a case is zero.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        It's worse than that Jim, even if they're both 14, then the male gets put on the register.
        What if they're both male?

I suppose they have to check their birthdays, to see who is older. Absolutely ridiculous.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          What if they're both male?

I suppose they have to check their birthdays, to see who is older. Absolutely ridiculous.
          What if that 14 year old perv gets groomed?

"Do you want to see my puppies, lad?"
          "Yeah, and yer cock."
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Wonder how long before people will be hauled into court for playing doctors and nurses when they were little?
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Wonder how long before people will be hauled into court for playing doctors and nurses when they were little?
              I had sex once with a 13 year old girl. I was 15 at the time. She was my first. There were many guys before me.

For the predictable "you are admitting to an offence" I will point out that I post many lies on CUK. You should not believe everything you read.

And I bet I am not the only one on CUK either.....

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                One of my proudest moments was aged 7, conducting an emergency tracheotomy with a pair of serrated-edged plastic scissors. What's that got to do with underage sex though?
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I had sex once with a 13 year old girl. I was 15 at the time. She was my first. There were many guys before me.
                  Due to the age gap and the fact you were both under the age of consent the authorities wouldn't be interested. They would only have an issue now if the encounter wasn't one on one. There isn't actually any money to spend on kids of secondary school age having sexual encounters with one another so it's ignored.

However this ignores the fact her dad and male relations/family friends may have wanted to beat the tulip out of you.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Due to the age gap and the fact you were both under the age of consent the authorities wouldn't be interested. They would only have an issue now if the encounter wasn't one on one. There isn't actually any money to spend on kids of secondary school age having sexual encounters with one another so it's ignored.

However this ignores the fact her dad and male relations/family friends may have wanted to beat the tulip out of you.
                    Should my daughter have consensual sex(she is 14 in April), and I find out about it, if I have an issue I will be taking it up with her.

This "women are the weaker sex" thing is just outdated. I have found women are dirtier than men, on average. Would you like an example?

However, if my daughter is forced into anything against her will, the perp will be lucky if I get to him first. If MrsBP does, it will be far worse for him.

Comment

I think this case is abuse; he should have known better. What's unhelpful is the use of the word "peadophile"; that labels someone who gives into the advances of a physically mature but underage woman the same as someone attacks a 5 year old girl. Both are wrong, but they're not the same.

However the girl told the court the former winger "put his hands down her pants" and she performed an oral sex act on him.
                      The jury, which had been deliberating since Tuesday morning following a three-week trial, cleared Johnson over the oral sex claim but convicted him by a 10-2 majority on the sexual touching charge.
                      How does that work? Both were based purely on her testimony so how could they believe one thing she said but dismiss the other?

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X