• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Web services - anyone heard of this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a web service?

Only asking like.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BusinessAnalyst2012 View Post
      Anyone heard of this concept. Currently reviewing technical design documents which seem to talk a lot about them. Are they a 'thing' or is this just developer waffle.
      Ignore it old boy, just yet another IT buzzword.

one day at a time

Comment

There was a golden era in banking where if your app fecked up it was just you users that got pissed off, now they have linked up every system with some feckin SOA layer than when your code fecks up you get your users banging on and every consumer of the information you serve on the phone to you. It is a pile of dominos I work with.

Comment

I created a web service. Gave the WSDL files to a c# freelance developer and he consumed the web service happily. Along came some microsoft bobs - also developing in c#. For some reason - incompetence I think - they just couldn't get it working. So the client sacked microsoft, got the freelancer in, and everyone was happy. Except microsoft, but there you go - they should employ more skilled consultants.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
          X