• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Web services - anyone heard of this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a great term we need to incorporate in to CUK Prof section...

Askhole

June 25, 2007 Urban Word of the Day
    Someone who asks many stupid, pointless, obnoxious questions.
    or with a bit more detail...

Someone who consistently abuses internet fora and discussion boards to post stupid questions a quick google search could have easily answered. Usually withholds relevant information so that even posters trying to help cannot really solve his problem adequately. Utterly disgraceful and quick to insult anyone who refers him to google or other sources.

Wonder if this word will be acceptable where moron or idiot isn't.....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Askhole. Producer of brain farts.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        When are you going to hit the ban button and do us all a favour?
        I just banned Palatino Winotype (or whatever his name was). Will that do for the time being?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I just banned Palatino Winotype (or whatever his name was). Will that do for the time being?
          For a while. But we require regular sacrifices

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            For a while. But we require regular sacrifices
            Set up a direct debit to RH's Just Giving page. £10 a month with get a day ban a month for someone at least!

Comment

The icing on the cake could be naming the owner of that sockie.... or am I the only one that doesn't know?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                The icing on the cake could be naming the owner of that sockie.... or am I the only one that doesn't know?
                Probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by BusinessAnalyst2012 View Post
                  Anyone heard of this concept. Currently reviewing technical design documents which seem to talk a lot about them. Are they a 'thing' or is this just developer waffle.
                  Perhaps you can kill two birds with one stone here? Ask your girlfriend from the other week. Tell her you've just been looking up 'services' on the web, and ask her if she knows anything about such exotic concepts. I suggest Comic Sans in red might add just the right degree of levity to your e-mail. You never know, she might surprise you with her knowledge of arcane technical matters. And if not, well, at least it's another chance to impress her by casually revealing that you're entrusted with contemplating such high-falooting concepts, if not actually understanding them. Alternatively, ask The Other Contractor, and make him work for the extra cash he gets.

Comment

Cause and effect though, as that just brought Gricer back
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Perma ban I hope ? Next stop Malcolm bugger please.
                      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                      X