• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life is good when you dont have any kids

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Be nice to your kids.

And hope they find you a nice coffin when you get to the rest home dodger stage.

ftfy
    Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      It's one of those things you don't know you've missed out on till you have it.
      So it's a pointless argument.
      Non-parents will never know what they have missed out on - and its not the sort of thing you can imagine, the feelings both positive and ocassionally negative are too intense.
      I don't think anyone can put this better; it really is about not knowing. I litterally cannot imagine a life without them now, and some part of me wished I had them sooner. The intensity of the love, both ways, is immeasurable. Just them suddenly sidling up and giving you an unexpected cuddle on the coach can give such a depth of love I couldn't possibly have imagined if I hadn't had them and I couldn't explain how it feels.

Sounds trite, but it's fortunately true.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Personally I think life is pretty good WITH kids. But that is just me.
        Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        It's one of those things you don't know you've missed out on till you have it. So it's a pointless argument.

Non-parents will never know what they have missed out on - and its not the sort of thing you can imagine, the feelings both positive and ocassionally negative are too intense.
        I've got to go for a lie down after agreeing with both SB and SAS in the same thread!

Also, a lot of people think kids are the only part of you left behind to carry on when you pop your clogs. Bit deep, but I know what they mean.

Comment

I used to think I didn't want kids. I now realise I didn't want other peoples' kids. When they are yours it's totally different. I also didn't want to be the oldest swinger in town. Drinking and partying in your 20s and 30s is fine. Once you get into your 40s it starts to look sad and immature.
          Last edited by ZARDOZ; 2 October 2012, 12:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            I don't think anyone can put this better; it really is about not knowing. I litterally cannot imagine a life without them now, and some part of me wished I had them sooner. The intensity of the love, both ways, is immeasurable. Just them suddenly sidling up and giving you an unexpected cuddle on the coach can give such a depth of love I couldn't possibly have imagined if I hadn't had them and I couldn't explain how it feels.

Sounds trite, but it's fortunately true.
            Pass the sickbag.

Lets agree to disagree chaps

Kids are evil, they have polluted your mind
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Pass the sickbag.

Lets agree to disagree chaps

Kids are evil, they have polluted your mind
              One thing I've noticed it's all the blokes who are not primary responsible for their child(ren)'s care who come out and say how wonderful their life is now.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                One thing I've noticed it's all the blokes who are not primary responsible for their child(ren)'s care who come out and say how wonderful their life is now.
                Funny that
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I have primary care of my twins - 4 days to my ex's 3.

Luckily under children act 1989 section 2 sub-section 9 part b I can arrange for my primary responsibilty to be met by (but not xfered to) someone else.

And Mrs BP is stupid enough to have fallen for it.....

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Anyway, it's mine and my wife's duty, as possessors of superior genes to ensure they're propagated into future generations, resisting the march of the morons.
                    Fantastic.

One lad said to me once, "I used to think I want three kids but now I have two, I just want one."

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
                      I used to think I didn't want kids. I now realise I didn't want other peoples' kids. When they are yours it's totally different. I also didn't want to be the oldest swinger in town. Drinking and partying in your 20s and 30s is fine. Once you get into your 40s it starts to look sad and immature.
                      I don't want to have kids OR a wild/bachelor lifestyle. I've only just enough emotional maturity to care about one person other than myself!
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X