• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who wear's naff tracksuits and rapes young girls?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    As far as most child sex offenders go you need to look as the parents/step-parents. As far as child killers go its about 70/year. 35 Mum, 17 step dad, 17 dad and 1 stranger.

Before believing what Savile said about GG I would like to hear the tape. I reckon its all made up.
    oh, those are not what I expected twice as many killed by Mum than Dad. I bet they don't publicise that much.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

"if anything they are more likely to be rapists than anyone else" - why ?

Comment

To me, the oddest thing about this report is the claims made by Rantzen. She claims that she ignored rumours about Saville. She then went on to found and promote Childline and though all those years, never raised a concern. There are other people in the report who claim similar things. Why did they all ignore this if there was any chance at all of any truth? I cannot imagine any tv company let alone the BBC not putting some controls in place given this level of rumour.

More oddly, how is it possible that the same kids would get to see Saville 'dozens of times'. It is unlikely the same kids would get the chance for Jim to 'fix it' more than once. Any reasonably intelligent parent would become highly suspicious if anyone wanted to see their child unsupervised time and time again, however famous or important they were.

I don't doubt there was something odd about Saville but if any of these claims are actually true, there was always such a huge entourage around him that he would not be the only one to blame for sure. His fame was such that he was surrounded by producers, make up people, camera ops, parents, kids, fans that it's not feasible for him to be able to say 'Hang on I need some privacy with this kid for 15 minutes' and keep everyone out of his way.

As far as showbusiness = oddness goes, remember Kenneth Connor? Benny Hill? Dale Winton? And as far as high profile malicious accusations go, remember Dave Jones who was completely innocent?

I may watch the programme but I suspect it's very short on hard evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Gloucsman View Post
          "if anything they are more likely to be rapists than anyone else" - why ?
          They are insecure attention seeking people with a determination to get what they want.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Do you think this means Jim will get airbrushed from history like Gary Glitter?

Hope not. Love it when they show that old fix it with the fatty boy scout trying to guzzle milkshake on a roller coaster.

Can understand it perhaps if they decided not to repeat any episode of TOTP where Jim introduces appearances by Gary Glitter, Jonathan King and The Who.

While we're at it, I reckon there's something unsavoury about them Krankies too....

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              They are insecure attention seeking people with a determination to get what they want.
              So a lot like politicians then?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                Only 5% of rape allegations actually lead to conviction, which says to me most of them are made up!
                Not true. The conviction rate for rape in 2010 was 58%: that is, 58% of those who appear in court charged with rape are convicted. The same figure for all offences is 57%.

If you're talking about the number of allegations of rape made to police, you're still wrong: 12% of those lead to a conviction. Strangely, that figure is not calculated for any other offence, so it's impossible to know how rape compares with other crimes: it's entirely possible that only 12% of reports of, say, vehicle theft lead to a conviction, or of burglary, or of tax fraud.

If it turned out that only 5% of reported burglaries led to a conviction, would you regard that as justification for believing that most victims of burglary had smashed their own door down and sold their own goods for a tenth of their true value to buy drugs, and then regretted it?

Or is it just that, as I strongly suspect, you're a worthless sexist little tulip?

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  So a lot like politicians then?

and don't forget agents
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

If Sir Jimmy Savile had been a Catholic priest, he'd have been hounded out of public life – Telegraph Blogs

Comment

I do hope they have the story straight. If it transpires that Sir Jimmy is innocent, I hope they all get sued for libel.

Comment

Working...
                      X