• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who wear's naff tracksuits and rapes young girls?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I agree with the above, if you trawl across the internet there are so many accounts going back many years of rumours and factual accounts, that I think they must be true, because it would have required a hell of a conspiracy to create the rumours if they were not. And Jimmy Savile had no reason to be conspired against.

It's weird because I've thought for many years he might have been a kiddy fiddler; just something about him didn't seem right.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
      While I agree with the above, if you trawl across the internet there are so many accounts going back many years of rumours and factual accounts, that I think they must be true, because it would have required a hell of a conspiracy to create the rumours if they were not. And Jimmy Savile had no reason to be conspired against.

It's weird because I've thought for many years he might have been a kiddy fiddler; just something about him didn't seem right.
      Quite a few of those seem to just be made-up stuff reported over and over again. For example there's a piece that claims to be a transcript of outtakes from when he appeared on Have I Got News For You with Paul Merton making various allegations, and Ian Hislop backing him up, and Angus Deayton and the floor manager getting nervous because of the show's lawyer freaking out. That was complete fabrication, but it's been cross-posted all over the place. (I was surprised not to see a link to it in this thread.)

Another bit in that same fake transcript has Paul Merton asserting that Saville had paid £15,000 pounds to a young girl to buy her silence, having previously threatened to break her arms, and Saville admitting to it, seemingly happy to do so safe in the knowledge that the BBC won't transmit it. Obviously that would never happen, as a broadcaster of Saville's experience would never imagine he could admit to something like that in font of an audience and expect it never to get out. However a Google search for the girl's name turns up loads of sites that claim it to be true... but it turns out every single one of them is relying on that fake transcript as its original source, either directly or via another site that cites it.

And… the girl doesn't exist. Or, at least, the only evidence Google can show for her existence is all those sites citing the fake transcript. There aren't even results for the Facebook pages of a 53 year old woman or a 15 year old girl of that name, and you'll get both of those for just about any female name you search for. So it's reasonable to believe the girl's name was made up.

None of which is to say that these new allegations against Saville are necessarily untrue; but it shows that what might seem at first glance to be "many accounts of rumours going back for years on the Internet" can, in fact, be one rather sick, but convincingly well-written, parody being endlessly recycled.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I think most agree. It's shoddy journalism, and to be honest if you are going to make an accusation like that do it when someone can defend themselves whether right or wrong. Speaking ill of the dead and all that.
        WHS.

Comment

Only 5% of rape allegations actually lead to conviction, which says to me most of them are made up! Women who fully consent at the time, but on waking up the next day convince themselves it wasnt their fault they did this, therefore it must have been rape.

No rich celebrity would ever need to rape anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I think most agree. It's shoddy journalism, and to be honest if you are going to make an accusation like that do it when someone can defend themselves whether right or wrong. Speaking ill of the dead and all that.
            So we should have shut up about the years of abuse that was uncovered in Catholic institutions in Ireland even thoughg many of the offending clerics were dead when these stories broke?

Jimmy Saville was portrayed as a virtuous individual and if these revelations about him are true then we need to know. If something or someone is too good to be true they usually are.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
              Only 5% of rape allegations actually lead to conviction, which says to me most of them are made up! Women who fully consent at the time, but on waking up the next day convince themselves it wasnt their fault they did this, therefore it must have been rape.

Or maybe it’s a bugger to prove either way & possibly due to some perspectives that as soon as a woman wears a short skirt she’s “asking for it”

I am not saying that some women don’t “cry wolf” as some undoubtedly do

No one (Celebs included) need to rape anyone but some do..
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

I always thought he swung the other way and was in denial. That sort of made sense with his lifestyle.

I can however understand how some people might feel he might be , combine choice of professional direction with lack of own family and its a bit unusual. I would have thought he would have been a dad.

I hope it isn't true it would be sad to have a childhood icon and a figure so heavily involved in charity tarnished.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

listening to LBC, sounds like it was known & suppressed by the BBC.

lets hope they prosecute.

BBC have just denied it.
                  Last edited by vetran; 1 October 2012, 09:02. Reason: update
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    BBC have just denied it.
                    Seriously if you ran a large organisation would you admit that one of your top performers was a criminal of any type?

Oddly if the people involved in these allegations had reported when he was alive they would have been believed.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post

What a stupid comment. Just because 5% make it through to a conviction does not mean the bulk of them are made up. They are hard to prove due to the lack of witnesses or evidence and the fact that often the person who was raped has to face her rapist in court.

Hopefully, if a member of your family is raped and the CPS decide that its not going to court that you will use your logic to tell the victim that it never happened and that she must be a lar.

As for the rich celeb comment, gary glitter, Johnathan King...there are plenty of rich celeb rapists out there.
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X