• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Sas cleverer than you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Thta's not very clever is it.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      It might not be a clever thing to do but you asked if there is a reason why a clever person might choose poverty over wealth.
      Clever is as clever does, no? I don't believe in too much abstraction. Perhaps I am intelligent rather clever.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Pointing out typos is certainly not clever. I hope you didn't lie and voted correctly.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Clever is as clever does, no? I don't believe in too much abstraction. Perhaps I am intelligent rather clever.
          clever is being able to use intelligence to achieve something.

some of the most intelligent people you will ever meet live in cardboard boxes or skips. it's not very clever though
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I don't know; I know that if you were to suggest to me to forego a comfortable financial situation for the sake of an ascetic ideal, my answer would be 'you first, I'll stay here with my burgundy and think about it', but I think that an intelligent person might reach some point, through need or choice, of accepting and even finding ways of enjoying life in poverty', and then choose to remain in that situation as it's where he feels comfortable. You say you are 'quite ascetic'; in a way, I recognise that; I don't have great material desires, when training I like to keep it basic, or even spartan without shiny new apparatus and kit, and with a feeling that I haven't trained properly if I don't feel some pain from it. I like a cold shower sometimes, and can enjoy going out running or cycling at sub zero temperatures. But I don't see these choices as being truly ascetic; there's some degree of temperance and minimalism involved, but I know I can always go back to a warm house, I'm not obliged to train; I can choose to sit in a warm room watching TV, and that choice makes it a very easy form of asceticism. I can imagine some intelligent person actually making the choice, out of ideals or philosophical conviction or maybe political aims, to give up the right to that choice. As I say, not for me, but yes, an intelligent person can choose poverty over wealth.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Perhaps I am intelligent rather clever.
              Shouldn't that be "...rather than clever."

Unless it was a Yoda quote.
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

In your opinion, is sas cleverer than you? (If you are sasguru, you'll need to go for the AndyW option)

Poll to follow.
                A fly is cleverer than me at finding tulip. But that doesn't mean much, except to the fly
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  A fly is cleverer than me at finding tulip. But that doesn't mean much, except to the fly
                  If you're talking dog tulip I seem to only ever find it when not looking where I'm going.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    So you're suggesting that, paradoxically, those who are cleverer than you are thicker than those who aren't.
                    Or intelligence is multifaceted. A bit like top trumps.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Most posters on CUK are dimmer than average. Sas probably has a healthy IQ of about 115. Most CUK posters are therefore probably dimmer than Sas, if we are happy to run with IQ as a measure of cleverness. However, many of these poster are dim enough that they probably lack the ability to tell that they are dimmer than Sas, so the results of the poll will be interesting.
                      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
                      X