• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Sas cleverer than you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Maybe they got a divorce and had to give half of their money to their ex?
    Thta's not very clever is it.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Why would anyone clever choose poverty over wealth? While maintaining a healthy disdain about money of course.
      Asceticism?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Asceticism?
        I'm quite ascetic - but I like to be financially secure. The two are not unrelated.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Maybe during the next CUK university challenge sas can sign up and show us all how clever he is.....

Comment

I'm quite ascetic - but I like to be financially secure. The two are not unrelated.
            Wouldn't it be truly ascetic to give up the financial security and commit to living a life of poverty?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Wouldn't it be truly ascetic to give up the financial security and commit to living a life of poverty?
              Yes but that wouldn't be very clever though
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Maybe during the next CUK university challenge sas can sign up and show us all how clever he is.....
                If I can find time from sitting in the garden, working on my other interests, managing my BTL's, doing DIY, then yes, maybe.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  LIES!!!! Filthy lies from the Whore of Babylon!!!

Too much?
                  Bit OTT. Has mudskipper ever even been to Babylon?

Comment

Yes but that wouldn't be very clever though
                    It might not be a clever thing to do but you asked if there is a reason why a clever person might choose poverty over wealth.

Comment

Why would anyone clever choose poverty over wealth?
                      Unfortunately, many people on this planet rarely have the choice.

And... (http://blog.computationalcomplexity....for-prize.html)

People solve math problems for the prize money! NOT!

Why do people or organizations offer Prize Money for mathematics?

Fields Medal:
                      Given for a body of work. About $15,000. High Prestige, low dollars.
                      Last edited by nomadd; 25 September 2012, 16:14.
                      nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
                      X