• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

(Permy - ick) Interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Permy - ick) Interview

So I've somehow managed to get myself an interview at ClientCo, for a role I'm not entirely sure I can do, with some key people I already work closely with.

Gawd.

The interview process is daunting, to say the least. I haven't had a permy interview for years, and I've certainly never had this sort of interview. (Two stages - the first with a 15 min presentation to very senior stakeholders, and the second a panel interview with those senior stakeholders).

I'm completely terrified. I'm not sure of what, but I think it's of making a fool of myself and having to continue working alongside these people.

So can you all please tell me how to get through it unscathed...?
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Prepare. Practice. And make sure your skirt isn't tucked into your knickers.

Comment

Treat it like work. If it was just a project and you had to make the presentation you could do it with your eyes closed, neh?

AND make sure that your skirt isn't tucked into your knickers

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        So I've somehow managed to get myself an interview at ClientCo, for a role I'm not entirely sure I can do, with some key people I already work closely with.

Gawd.

The interview process is daunting, to say the least. I haven't had a permy interview for years, and I've certainly never had this sort of interview. (Two stages - the first with a 15 min presentation to very senior stakeholders, and the second a panel interview with those senior stakeholders).

I'm completely terrified. I'm not sure of what, but I think it's of making a fool of myself and having to continue working alongside these people.

So can you all please tell me how to get through it unscathed...?
        Permie?

There's BOOMED.

And there's DOOMED.

You seem scared enough as it is, so I won't mentioned which of the above two options you are staring down both barrels of a very large, loaded and cocked gun at.

EDIT: Forgot to add: Best of luck!
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          +1. Practice that presentation and ensure you find a couple of people you know at clientco to act as guinea pigs.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Noted, ta both. I won't wear knickers!
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Always check for toilet paper stuck to the sole of the shoe, especially long bits that trail behind you.

Otherwise, be yourself. If they like it, great, if they don't f**k 'em.

Try not to come across as being continually amazed by your own brilliance.

Good luck.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Priceless advice. The very purpose of General.
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

Isnt the more relevant question "Why on earth would you want a permie job?"

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                    Permie?

There's BOOMED.

And there's DOOMED.

You seem scared enough as it is, so I won't mentioned which of the above two options you are staring down both barrels of a very large, loaded and cocked gun at.

EDIT: Forgot to add: Best of luck!
                    I know. This is the first permy role I've seen that could be the one to take me out of contracting for good. It's just fairly senior, and I don't feel grown up enough.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X