• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "(Permy - ick) Interview"

Collapse

• PorkPie
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You haven't worked out that no one is? The emperor has no clothes.
    Take some drama lessons, they're good at teaching you how to act (I use the word advisedly) in situations.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    (I'm not senior enough to be credible, in my opinion). .
    You haven't worked out that no one is? The emperor has no clothes.
    Take some drama lessons, they're good at teaching you how to act (I use the word advisedly) in situations.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I don't think they knew precisely what they wanted,
    does anyone? If they did they would be the first employer I knew who did.

I'm not senior enough to be credible, in my opinion
    I doubt that.

but at least I have the image of you dancing at your desk!

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Bog off turdface

Harsh on turds

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    why did you turn it down? if you don't mind me asking?
    Too big a risk for me all things considered. I don't think they knew precisely what they wanted, added to which I don't think I could have pulled off some aspects of the role (I'm not senior enough to be credible, in my opinion). If it hadn't worked out, I'd have been scuppered at a key client for contracting, too.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    ...they actually made an offer. I turned it down.
    McDonalds will no doubt be worse off without you, but at least you came away with your dignity intact.

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    Seb

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    why did you turn it down? if you don't mind me asking?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Bog off turdface

Normality has returned.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Bog off turdface

Hey lads! She's back!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Congrats.

Now, you've seen what the world is like outside now get back in the kitchen and make me some pie!
    Bog off turdface

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    At the risk of sounding like an up my own arse n0bber - update:

The interview went reeeeeeeeeally well - no dry retching from me, and no awkward silences anywhere. I am quietly* proud of myself for getting through what was quite a tough interview, all in all.

After much to-ing and fro-ing in the days following the interview (during which time it became obvious they weren't sure how they saw the role working) they actually made an offer. I turned it down.

Thanks all for advice; I went for it properly and am pleased I did so.

*when I say quietly, I did do a small dance involving jumping round, shaking my bottom, and singing 'I'm the best, la la la' upon returning to my desk.
    Congrats.

Now, you've seen what the world is like outside now get back in the kitchen and make me some pie!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    At the risk of sounding like an up my own arse n0bber - update:

The interview went reeeeeeeeeally well - no dry retching from me, and no awkward silences anywhere. I am quietly* proud of myself for getting through what was quite a tough interview, all in all.

After much to-ing and fro-ing in the days following the interview (during which time it became obvious they weren't sure how they saw the role working) they actually made an offer. I turned it down.

Thanks all for advice; I went for it properly and am pleased I did so.

*when I say quietly, I did do a small dance involving jumping round, shaking my bottom, and singing 'I'm the best, la la la' upon returning to my desk.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    I don't think I'm interviewing to keep anyone happy; more from the point of view that I have nothing to lose. Except my dignity perhaps. Not sure on wanting the role, will probably get a better feel for that during the interview...
    Bloody hell, woman - haven't you done it yet? I just clicked on this thread to get the outcome, and you're still in the prep/panic phase.

Can't you be put in a coma until 5 minutes before it starts. The lack of progress is killing me. And you, by the sounds of it.

Ps. Best of luck! (Again.)

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Not sure if you already said, but MP do you actually want the permie position or are you interviewing to keep them happy?
    I don't think I'm interviewing to keep anyone happy; more from the point of view that I have nothing to lose. Except my dignity perhaps. Not sure on wanting the role, will probably get a better feel for that during the interview...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X