• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

(Permy - ick) Interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The higher up the ladder the less one needs to know as it seems it is largely delegate, delegate, delegate.

As you have worked with these people before then you know your audience which should greatly help you prepare.

In all the years I have worked I have never been surprised by the number of people in very senior positions who are clearly blagging a living - but fair play to them as it takes a certain type to pull off the blag.

Atteneded a presentation once where the Deputy IT director (yes this place had such roles, I suppose this allowed the director to delegate to his deputy) stood in front of us all and outlined project plans for the next three months. His plan included one day, yes one day for over run and he seemed to actually believe in his plan.

So if it is a senior position with an eye watering salary, the hardest part will be landing the job, once in your nice comfy seat just remember to delegate.

Comment

Six-figure sinecure? I had one of 'em. Boring as hell if you've got any sort of active brain. Couldn't stand it after a while.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        Noted, ta both. I won't wear knickers!
        I always just assumed you didn't?!

Good luck
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Just do the trick where you fly in with an umbrella. And any tricky questions, simply reply "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious".

Good luck, I'm sure the children will grow to love you eventually.
          Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Not sure if you already said, but MP do you actually want the permie position or are you interviewing to keep them happy?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Not sure if you already said, but MP do you actually want the permie position or are you interviewing to keep them happy?
              I don't think I'm interviewing to keep anyone happy; more from the point of view that I have nothing to lose. Except my dignity perhaps. Not sure on wanting the role, will probably get a better feel for that during the interview...
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I don't think I'm interviewing to keep anyone happy; more from the point of view that I have nothing to lose. Except my dignity perhaps. Not sure on wanting the role, will probably get a better feel for that during the interview...
                Bloody hell, woman - haven't you done it yet? I just clicked on this thread to get the outcome, and you're still in the prep/panic phase.

Can't you be put in a coma until 5 minutes before it starts. The lack of progress is killing me. And you, by the sounds of it.

Ps. Best of luck! (Again.)
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

At the risk of sounding like an up my own arse n0bber - update:

The interview went reeeeeeeeeally well - no dry retching from me, and no awkward silences anywhere. I am quietly* proud of myself for getting through what was quite a tough interview, all in all.

After much to-ing and fro-ing in the days following the interview (during which time it became obvious they weren't sure how they saw the role working) they actually made an offer. I turned it down.

Thanks all for advice; I went for it properly and am pleased I did so.

*when I say quietly, I did do a small dance involving jumping round, shaking my bottom, and singing 'I'm the best, la la la' upon returning to my desk.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

At the risk of sounding like an up my own arse n0bber - update:

The interview went reeeeeeeeeally well - no dry retching from me, and no awkward silences anywhere. I am quietly* proud of myself for getting through what was quite a tough interview, all in all.

After much to-ing and fro-ing in the days following the interview (during which time it became obvious they weren't sure how they saw the role working) they actually made an offer. I turned it down.

Thanks all for advice; I went for it properly and am pleased I did so.

*when I say quietly, I did do a small dance involving jumping round, shaking my bottom, and singing 'I'm the best, la la la' upon returning to my desk.
                    Congrats.

Now, you've seen what the world is like outside now get back in the kitchen and make me some pie!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                      Congrats.

Now, you've seen what the world is like outside now get back in the kitchen and make me some pie!
                      Bog off turdface

+5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X