• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

(Permy - ick) Interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Noted, ta both. I won't wear knickers!
    Thinking outside the box, good girl.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I know. This is the first permy role I've seen that could be the one to take me out of contracting for good. It's just fairly senior, and I don't feel grown up enough.
      Why not? Seriously.

I've near 24 years of contracting, and a permie job/interview would be a piece-of-pi55 compared to what I've had to deliver over the years (and the circumstances under which I'd have to do it.)

Seriously, 99% of contractors I've met could pi55 all over all the permies I've ever met trying to do the same job. You are probably the best candidate they've got - by a mile. Just relax and take it in your stride. Think and deliver like a contractor in the interview: CONFIDENT AND WITH NO HINT OF FEAR. I AM THE BEST. FOOK YEAH.
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
        Why not? Seriously.

I've near 24 years of contracting, and a permie job/interview would be a piece-of-pi55 compared to what I've had to deliver over the years (and the circumstances under which I'd have to do it.)

Seriously, 99% of contractors I've met could pi55 all over all the permies I've ever met trying to do the same job. You are probably the best candidate they've got - by a mile. Just relax and take it in your stride. Think and delivery like a contractor in the interview: CONFIDENT AND WITH NO HINT OF FEAR.
        I don't know. I have read, and re-read the spec and I think I can do it. The salary and grading are what scare me, to be honest.

I can do confident and articulate. I reckon. If I can get through it without dry retching I will be v proud.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Seriously, 99% of contractors I've met could pi55 all over all the permies I've ever met trying to do the same job.
          Yeah but the reason for that is being a permie sucks the will to live out of your soul.

Comment

They already know you. If they want to spend the time interviewing you, they must be pretty sure you're up to it. And you almost certainly are. There will be bits you don't know for sure - but you'll learn. The same is true for everyone.

Go for it - and good luck

Comment

The salary and grading are what scare me, to be honest.
              The salary should only scare you by it's smallness. If it isn't small, there is nothing to fear. My best year as a contractor was £234k. No-one in there right mind would offer me that as a permie, but I wouldn't be scared if they did (well, actually, I'd be scared for them.)

And grading? Like every other permie, you'll be bitching about how low your grade is come next years assessment.

Anyway...

About that "no knickers" thing you were mentioning: are you going for a thong instead?
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

The salary should only scare you by it's smallness. If it isn't small, there is nothing to fear. My best year as a contractor was £234k. No-one in there right mind would offer me that as a permie, but I wouldn't be scared if they did (well, actually, I'd be scared for them.)

And grading? Like every other permie, you'll be bitching about how low your grade is come next years assessment.

Anyway...

About that "no knickers" thing you were mentioning: are you going for a thong instead?
                A skirt could still feasibly get stuck in a thong. Maybe no skirt would be a safer bet?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  They already know you. If they want to spend the time interviewing you, they must be pretty sure you're up to it. And you almost certainly are. There will be bits you don't know for sure - but you'll learn. The same is true for everyone.

Go for it - and good luck
                  Yes. You're right by jove. Thanks lady.

Anyway...

No they bloody wouldn't, you illiterate fool.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Noted, ta both. I won't wear knickers!
                    That should swing it
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      A skirt could still feasibly get stuck in a thong. Maybe no skirt would be a safer bet?
                      I assume you mean trousers instead.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X