• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tales from retirement ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Do what most healthy retired people I know do - help run a voluntary organisation.

It could involve anything from sport, computers, health, alcohol, literature, history, buildings, machines........
    Do you really think that there's an altruistic bone in SAS' body?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      Yes. I think he's actually a senior officer in the Salvation Army but gets his kicks by fantasising about being a git.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Well that would solve his problem of how to waste his money, yes.
        No. If you hire Bobs as individuals rather than through some offshore consultancy, you're fine.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
          As he's told us several times, he gives a lot to charity but doesn't feel the need to talk about it.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            As he's told us several times, he gives a lot to charity but doesn't feel the need to talk about it.

PoTD

Comment

No. If you hire Bobs as individuals rather than through some offshore consultancy, you're fine.
              You might be right there.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Took the lad to school, made breakfast and read the paper. Posted on CUK. What shall I do now?
                Get an allotment with no access to wi fi
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

doohg, I owe you a +ve rep - Have to spread some around first with this damned system
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

So stay at home dad becomes 'retired' now?

Does that mean all the local MILFs are retirees too?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Took the lad to school, made breakfast and read the paper. Posted on CUK. What shall I do now?
                      How about becoming a magistrate? In all seriousness, something I've thought about for when I have more time on my hands.
                      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                      X