• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Samsung Pays Apple $1 Billion Sending 30 Trucks Full of 5 Cents Coins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Knowing that Russell Brand likes them, I'll never, never buy any iThing now, on principle
    So you have no real objection to the devices, you just don't like what they stand for
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Russell Brand charged with criminal damage after iPhone smash

Knowing that Russell Brand likes them, I'll never, never buy any iThing now, on principle

Did you read that article? It wasn't his phone, he smashed it and he made a joke about it. What in that story suggests that he's a fan?

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
        Thing is once you've seen an iPhone you've seen them all
        I think that's Apple's point really.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          I think that's Apple's point really.
          Stylistically it's not very innovative and like a previous poster said it doesn't take much to get one so it's kind of like owning a Ford you'll see an abundance of other people with them so it doesn't set you apart.
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
            Stylistically it's not very innovative and like a previous poster said it doesn't take much to get one so it's kind of like owning a Ford you'll see an abundance of other people with them so it doesn't set you apart.
            You say its style wasn't innovative but it's been hugely influential seeing as pretty much every smartphone now looks like an iPhone whereas before they didn't. And while they're not expensive enough to prevent people owning one they're still at the expensive end of the market, making them more like a BMW or a Merc (and attracting the same sort of scorn as people who own those cars do).

Comment

Back to the OP, its a hoax.

It would take a lot more than 30 trucks full of 5 cents to make a billion dollars.....

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                Are you talking about the samsung or the iPhone?

Cause from what I see iPhones are ten a penny and owned by anyone able to sign a 2 year mobile phone contract

Seems very popular with benefit spongers in every high street. Wealthy IT contractors seem happy to display their 5 year old Nokia proudly.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Iphone made all the mobile phone manufacturers want to be a better manufacturer.

Before that, it was Nokia bringing out 100 different models in a year which were all crap.

I use Nokia Lumia now and its better than Android and Iphone.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    I agree that all these patent lawsuits are more harmful than helpful but anyone who thinks the iPhone didn't change smartphones is dreaming.
                    I totally agree iPhones did change it but surely if they didn't someone would. I don't really have problem with that but patents for slide to unlock and bounce back when scrolling is just utter pap. As a consumer I want choice so will be pretty annoyed at any company trying to keep stuff like that to themselves. No one in this day and age wants one company to dominate and use that position to overcharge

Thank god whoever invented washing machines didn't patent a rotating drum with holes in it and it being white with a hole in the front!
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      Ah yes, but do you have to hold your 911 in a special way to get 4 bars on the display?
                      You're joking right? Supercars are notoriously fickle and unreliable.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X