• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any tips for shoulder pain?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    I put my shoulder out last week, and it's been bloody agony. So far, I've tried: warm bath, Ibuprofen, a hot water bottle and sleeping without a pillow. Next up it's Tramadol and Spiced Rum, possibly at the same time, unless any of you lot have some old wives remedies you can recommend? First person that references the supposed healing powers of bodily fluids of any kind gets a slap with my 'good arm'.
    Well, as someone who has broken and dislocated both collarbones over the years, the only thing I would recommend in the short-term is aspirin and "support" - a sling during the day, a pillow underneath it at night. Once it's on the mend, gentle exercise to get the muscle working again.

As for the "Spiced Rum", are you sure that wasn't the cause rather than the cure?
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
      Well, as someone who has broken and dislocated both collarbones over the years, the only thing I would recommend in the short-term is aspirin and "support" - a sling during the day, a pillow underneath it at night. Once it's on the mend, gentle exercise to get the muscle working again.

As for the "Spiced Rum", are you sure that wasn't the cause rather than the cure?
      Funnily enough, being up and about during the day's not too bad. It's at night when I lie down that I experience the worst of it. As for the Spiced Rum, I've been dry as a bone over the Summer, but I'll be imbibing shortly if this keeps up!

Comment

Amputation

Comment

Time, keep active, gentle movement. Slow circles of arms outstretched getting wider. Hot water bottle helped me a lot too.

You can take paracetamol and ibuprofen at the same time as they work in different ways. The nurse told me this when I hurt my back and was literally crawling on the floor in the morning.

Comment

How did you "put it out" - injury or what? Have you considered it could be related to RSI or posture... based on your old photo this is hardly unlikely!
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
              Time, keep active, gentle movement. Slow circles of arms outstretched getting wider. Hot water bottle helped me a lot too.

You can take paracetamol and ibuprofen at the same time as they work in different ways. The nurse told me this when I hurt my back and was literally crawling on the floor in the morning.
              Cheers for that.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              How did you "put it out" - injury or what? Have you considered it could be related to RSI or posture... based on your old photo this is hardly unlikely!
              Nothing exciting. I just woke up with a bit of a stiff neck one morning last week, which within 24 hours had migrated into my left shoulder, with occasional pain down to my forearm and hand. Because of where it started and the other problems I've had with my back before, I think it's a trapped nerve in my upper spine that's the root cause and I'm just experiencing the pain in my arm. To my knowledge, I've not actually done anything to the shoulder/arm itself.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post

Neighbour broke collarbone recently. Although in most cases they just let it heal, in his case he had to have it pinned.

Comment

I wouldn't trust the majority of people on here to change a lightbulb let alone a plaster and you are seeking medical advice?!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Massage / manipulation by a practitioner. Acupuncture should help as well, find someone who can do all three.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Versatis 5% lidocaine medicated plaster might be worth a try, although you may need a prescription

Actually, I would visit the doc as a localised cortisone injection could be the best and fastest cure.

I wouldn't get into co-codamol, as someone else suggested, as it can be addictive.

Oh and kick the cat off the sofa, if it's stopping you sitting straight
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X