• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What you hate about hotels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    In a recent hotel stay

1. Only 2 pillows that compressed to 3mm, actually may have been 1 mm each , when I put my head on them. Found out at the end of my stay that they actually pride themselves on having 5 different pillow types available. They certainly didn't advertise the fact.
    2. No tea or coffee facilities in the room. Bottle of water, end of.
    Typical of foreign establishments. Each country seems to have their own (wrong) idea about what makes a good pillow. We always take a travel kettle and tea-bags with us.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      I prefer a mixer tap personally
      Fair enough; that could be justified under a 'personal preference' clause, but other than that, let's just stick to the basic functions of hot and cold taps and wash basins, without great flights of pseudo-design fantasy like this;

or this;

or this nonsense;

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Typical of foreign establishments. Each country seems to have their own (wrong) idea about what makes a good pillow. We always take a travel kettle and tea-bags with us.
        They sound even less comfortable

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Is that a combined basin/urinal?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Is that a combined basin/urinal?
          Probably not, but I think you could justify pissing on it.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            I've never ever been confused by a tap.
            WHS +1. Person who wrote that must be a ****wit of the highest degree...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

A lot of that is bollocks, probably written by people who stay a few nights a year in hotels. Over the last 7 years I've spent at least 4 nights a week in hotels and prior to that for 5 years at least 2-3 nights a week in hotels all over the world. I think I've seen nearly everything and put up with some tulip and most of the crap written there is just that, crap...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Or maybe you need to rethink your choice of crappy cheap T-shirt, or else buy one five sizes too large and shrink-wash it first yourself.

If they were crappy cheap T-shirts I wouldn't have minded!
                You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Those that stop you inviting hookers over for dinner.

one day at a time

Comment

Why can't hotels put an empty pint sized glass so I can fill it with water and have it next to my bed at night? I've yet to come across a hotel that offers this simple concept without requesting it. Instead you get either 2 glass thimble sized glasses that hold a mouthful each or even worse 2 plastic cups that crush at night when I forget what they're made of and grab it in the dark.
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Stayed in the Radisson Hampshire on Leicester Square the other year when I was attending a BarCamp London unconference at Capital Radio (where I'd just finished a contract the week before, as it happens).

During my stay I'd chucked an orange juice bottle and a couple of empty water bottles in the bin in the room, all of which had come from the unconference; the orange juice was branded Pret a Manger, as that's where they'd ordered lunch in from on the Saturday, and IIRC the water was Sainsbury's own brand.

This didn't stop the cheeky gits from putting all three on my bill as having come from the minibar

When I complained they didn't even argue, just took them off the bill straight away. Effing chancers

Comment

Working...
                      X