• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad news from Pad Towers....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad news from Pad Towers....

Sorry but I survived and will be posting plenty of drivel - at least until I can move from my chair!

I survived! I even did a great time! 13:36 - 1:45 swim, 5min T1, 6:20 bike, 1min T2, 5:25 run. I am in TOTAL AGONY! More to follow on my injuries....

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Sorry but I survived and will be posting plenty of drivel - at least until I can move from my chair!

I survived! I even did a great time! 13:36 - 1:45 swim, 5min T1, 6:20 bike, 1min T2, 5:25 run. I am in TOTAL AGONY! More to follow on my injuries....
    Well done BP
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Back went at 9 miles - right knee at 19 miles. My back is spasming every minute - my knee is like a tennis ball. I was grimy so went for a bath. I overheated and nearly threw up! I cannot sleep as I am full of caffeine and sugar!

Comment

Fantastic job - well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Well done BP
          Thank you kind Sir.

Thanks to everyone for your sponsorship. I might have bailed out if not for you lot. Even with the sponsorship I considered bailing - but Dallas was 15 minutes behind me most of the way!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
            Fantastic job - well done!
            Many thanks!

I have to tell you Dallas was amazing! She helped me sort out my race number before the race. I was in such a panic my hands would not move. Incredibly cool under pressure. I would not have survived without her - she has been PMing me tons of advice - all top quality.

Comment

W the above S - very well done.
              Don't forget to wind down slowly - so only a 3/4 iron man tonight.

Comment

Back went at 9 miles - right knee at 19 miles. My back is spasming every minute - my knee is like a tennis ball. I was grimy so went for a bath. I overheated and nearly threw up! I cannot sleep as I am full of caffeine and sugar!
                Ibuprofen, and ice for the knee.

Comment

Thank you kind Sir.

Thanks to everyone for your sponsorship. I might have bailed out if not for you lot. Even with the sponsorship I considered bailing - but Dallas was 15 minutes behind me most of the way!
                  Well done Dallas too! etc...

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                    Ibuprofen, and ice for the knee.
                    I now have 4(four) ice packs. I dosed up on diclofenac at lunch yesterday - soon as I can take anything other than water I will have diclofenac/tramadol!

Then hopefully I can upload the photos - I will have to do 2 lots - I managed to get a photo of Dallas but will need her permission before posting.

Comment

Working...
                    X